Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft word problem

Options
  • 22-11-2009 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭

Hi. I've got a really annoying problem with microsoft word at the moment. When I go to print a document it shuts down the programme. My printer is working fine when I stuff off the web for example. The issue seems to be only with Word. Can anyone enlighten me?
    I uninstalled Word and reinstalled it and the problem is still ongoing.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Barrypr

Hi babe, did you check the event logs might give some more info.

Edit

Also version of windows and word are you using!

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭johnc24

galwaybabe

what version of ms word are you running?

What operating system do you have also?

what printer and roughly how old?

You just asked everything I did...printer is not the issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

ApftSg4I1ih8f34g8oaxuA5fo1_400.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

galwaybabe wrote: »
    Hi. I've got a really annoying problem with microsoft word at the moment. When I go to print a document it shuts down the programme. My printer is working fine when I stuff off the web for example. The issue seems to be only with Word. Can anyone enlighten me?
    I uninstalled Word and reinstalled it and the problem is still ongoing.
    Thanks in advance

You need to give the info that lads are asking for really but you cant try oing to Start -> Run -> type in winword.exe /a and open the document from within that window (file -> open) and try printing it again

• Advertisement

Anti wrote: »
    ApftSg4I1ih8f34g8oaxuA5fo1_400.gif

hilarious :rolleyes:

Barrypr wrote: »
    You just asked everything I did...printer is not the issue

Sorry dude, my eyes skimmed over it and I just caught event viewer log...

Anywho without answers we aint going anywhere with this...

OP you could just install openoffice as a quickfix...

http://www.openoffice.org/

I think that there is some kinda miss match issue with vista and different version of office...haven't seen this problem before myself, but ya more info would be helpful :P

I think that there is some kinda miss match issue with vista and different version of office.

I agree

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Hi knights in shinning armour. I'm using Vista ( yeah I know, it's awful). The version of word is 97. I never used to have a problem combining the two but now...well...rescue me!
    P.S. I just tried that winword.exe /a route and the same thing happens. Word just disappears

• Advertisement

hey galwaybabe

do you get any error messages, or does word just close and thats it?

what printer is it?

**PM sent**

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Remove and reinstall the printer drivers.

Click on start, then printers. Right click on a blank area of the box and select Server properties. Go to the driver tab at the top and remove the driver and packages of anything named after your printers manufacturer.

Go the the printers manufacturer website and download the latest drivers for your printer. Install them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

hilarious :rolleyes:

Actually, it was! haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Vista and word 97 are not officially compatible, as you can see word 97 is about 8 years older then vista. A quick fix would be to right click the .exe go to compatibility and enable windows xp compatibility. This may not be the actual fix, but it should do the trick. If not office 2010 is now open for public beta testing (free) or you could use open office, which is also free and has almost all the same functionality as microsoft office.

Advertisement