Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

1997 Honda Civic Stereo Removal Help

Options
  • 09-08-2015 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hey all,

Looking to remove this stereo so i can put a newer one in.

Anybody have a idea how to take it out?

I've read online that i may have to take the panel off underneath the steering wheel first then the center console.... And any videos i find are different models. This is a Civic 1.4L SE.

Appreciate any help ya'll.

All the best.

MD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

This is the same dash as the rover 400/45

IIRC you need to pop off the hazard and headed window switches, then the heater knobs. There are screws hidden behind these items. There might be some down behind the ashtray.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Mickey_D

Thanks Colm,

Looked up how to remove a Rover 400 stereo and wallah... stick a hanger in either side and it slipped out! Bobs your uncle!

Now just need to buy a converter as i've no wiring diagram to make my own.

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/ct20hd01-harness-adapter-for-honda-accord-civic

Thanks for your help.

MD

I couldn't see any holes in the stereo so assumed it was in behind the centre console.

Will you post a pic of the looms/plugs going into the Honda radio? Although at that price, it's probably as well to just get the adaptor.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Mickey_D

Yeah the face came off it too i meant to mention. Never took a pic of the sony sockets but the civic sockets attached

Should be easy to find a diagram for that, it's not specific to the civic

• Advertisement
Advertisement