Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tesco mobile network coverage

Options
  • 15-04-2015 8:29pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21

I'm thinking about switching my network provider to tesco as I'm getting a very poor signal from 3 whan I'm staing at my house. How good is the signal from tesco around Huntstow area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

I'm thinking about switching my network provider to tesco as I'm getting a very poor signal from 3 whan I'm staing at my house. How good is the signal from tesco around Huntstow area?

As far as I can reall Tesco originally used the O2 network, which is now owned by 3.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 Custom Painting

ok thanks for the info, in that case it wont make a difference, can you recommend any other network?

You basically have four options:
    Vodafone
    Meteor/eMobile
    A MVNO which uses the former O2 network (Tesco, 48 or Lycamobile)

great, 48 was meant to be my second shot haha.

great, 48 was meant to be my second shot haha.

Yep, coverage on Tesco and 48 would be identical.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

ok thanks for the info, in that case it wont make a difference, can you recommend any other network?

I don't think 3 shut down any of O2s equipment though did they, therefore you should still get whatever coverage was there for Tesco/O2 previous to the buyout.

yes but in that case a 3 coverage should improve after the buyout

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Gate Automation

TESCO have covrege of O2, on TESCO/O2 you can use old GSM phone, Three was using only 3G technology and 3G phone. Its different frequency, you can switch to TESCO and coverage should be better. Simcard cost only 2 euro. Buy and tray.

actually that's a good idea, Ill get a sim with a different number and if it works ill switch my old one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭fptosca

I have been using Tesco Mobile for over 2 years and I'm very happy with their coverage. I have been in the Huntstown area quite often during this time, as I have friends living there, and I did not notice any network issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement