Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any GP clinics WITHOUT eastern european doctors?

Options
  • 25-08-2008 8:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

You can call me a racist or whatever you want, but THREE misdiagnoses are enough for me. Last time the eastern european so-called-doctor told that she doesn't know why I have fever and pain and said that there is no signs of infection, and send me home. Next morning Irish doctor found clear bacterial infection. Indentifying that infection took a drop of blood and checking C-reactive protein... That eastern european doctor also contractited with western medical science, I won't go to the details, but I have decree in biochemistry from western country but according to that doctor everything I have ever know about metabolish is wrong. Yup.

I am foreigner myself, but gosh. So my question is: is there any medical clinic in Dublin 15 which doesn't have eastern european GP? Any other foreigner doctor is ok, even some witch-doctor from deepest Africa. Anything goes, but no more eastern europeans..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Sorry for your trouble but I don't think you can or should tar all eastern european doctors with the same brush. Many would say the same of Irish doctors here also.

There is a good doctor in Ongar IMO beside Paddy Powers if you are looking for Irish one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 UppaLuppa

Of course I am not claiming all the eastern european doctors, just all the three I have encountered. Third one just was to most absurd one and I am not just take any risks about me health again. Just because the previous case was quite searious one, so serious one that I have actually consulted lawyer. I have not decided if I want to proceed with that one or not, probably yes. Ongar clinic is good, but in couple times a week there is an eastern european doctor, which I don't want to encounter ever again (she isn't the the third one, even though I have had problems with her as well, I just wanted to clear this up so innocent people wouldn't be claimed for other people faults. She is only really rude person and I don't like that and if I am paying something I expect that I am threated at least like a human being. As doctor she might be ok, dunno.). Normally I go to Ongar clinic (that is the good place if you go in right day).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Riverside Medical Ctre
    Mullhuddard Village Dublin 15 Dublin Co. Dublin
    (01)6467860

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

There's the Meridian Clinic in Roselawn

ph: 8208233

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 UppaLuppa

Thanks babes :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 sondal

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Riverside Medical Ctre
    Mullhuddard Village Dublin 15 Dublin Co. Dublin
    (01)6467860

I'g give the riverside medical centre at miss. Its claims to be a leading urban "Touchstone" primary care holistic medicine when its a basic surgery west dublin surgery, and it only about taking as much money off the patient as possible. Check out their website, its absolute garbage, and just happens to have a rich owner that is well in with the HSE. THere ar far more caring single handed doctors around in Clondalkin, Tallaght that are worth travellin too. Yes, those premises might be more modest, but they will look after you, no matter if you are a private patient or a medical card patient. The riverside medical centre is everything that Mary Harney aspires too in her constituency - Profit before the Patient.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Cathooo wrote: »

I was going to suggest this one myself, I use this clinic and although you wouldn't always get the same doctor I have never had a problem with them (no eastern european doctors that I know of, mine have all been Irish so far)

sondal I have been a patient of the two drs who are the main partners in the Riverside clinic for the last 8 years, when they were running the practice from a semi detached house which they only moved to revently. Even then they had two practice nurses and counsellors working on the premises and other health practionars that they would refer people to.

With the investment and moving to a purpose built clinc they could now have all these people in house and I find that having all the memebers of the team working together is better for me and my family.

They have to be the best drs I have ever had esp as they do all their OBGYN visits in house and I don't have to go else where.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 sondal

Thaedydal wrote: »
    sondal I have been a patient of the two drs who are the main partners in the Riverside clinic for the last 8 years, when they were running the practice from a semi detached house which they only moved to revently. Even then they had two practice nurses and counsellors working on the premises and other health practionars that they would refer people to.

With the investment and moving to a purpose built clinc they could now have all these people in house and I find that having all the members of the team working together is better for me and my family.

They have to be the best drs I have ever had esp as they do all their OBGYN visits in house and I don't have to go else where.

I should have been more specific "Thaedydal". I have no problem with the GP's who rent or part own the riverside medical centre. I pass by it regularly. My problem is the Touchstone connection, which sees Pharmacies as anchor tenants to the Surgeries. This is blatant conflicting interest. THe pharmacy Bill was debated in the Dail in Feb 2007 because of the vested interest of these business operations, while perfectly legal, are somewhat shady. The man who owns Touchstone made millions when he sold the Unicare chain of pharmacies years ago. He built the flagship building in Mullhuddart village and local Gps moved into so called "state of the art" premises. Then with the help of a fomer special advisor to Professor Brendan Drumm, they stated that they would build at least 60 of these "four seasons" standard primary care centres around Ireland by 2010. The same special advisor some how worked for the HSE between July 2005 and Feb 2007, half finished his supposed "roll out" of primary care team (Doctors working together in new surgeries" then joined Touchstone very suddenely. This was debated on prime time in May this year. check it our on the RTE website in podcast format.

Look Thaedydal, i agree that the Doctors all do good jobs, no matter how second rate some of their surgeries are, and most are only interested in patient care. However, an ever increasing number are pure business people, who happily project multi use, centres of excellence or a one stop shop surgery, with physio,dentist, etc and the GP who prescribes to the pharmcy below on the ground floor. You can even get heart monotoring too, whether you are private or medical card visitor. I would be interested to know why GP's themselves dont upgrade their existing Surgeries, instead of getting involved with solipsist short term private providers such as Touchstone. Mark, my word, Touchstone will sell on its food chain , and probably soon after Brendan Drumm and Mary Harney are gone in two years. Mullhuddart and Blanchardstown are not Boston, USA. Only Touchstone thinks so

Ah so it is the busniess model you object to, fair enough.

I have never used the chemist on the lower floor as I prefer to use the same chemist I have been using for the last 10 years as they have all of the dispensing records for me and my family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Missy Moo

I have gone to the Meridan Clinic in Ongar,and have never been treated by an irish doc.I went there a few weeks ago with a very sore back and burining in my legs.The doc swabbed me for thrush???and sent me home saying to ring next week for results.I was so bad the next day That i had to go back to my old gp down near my parents house,turns out I have very bad Siatica(spell).I rang back the doc the following week,and I didnt have thrush(theres a shock) I havent been back since,and will not be going back either.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mylesm

Very poor service here in Meridan Roselawn everything is now all about money

no personal service I have to get my ears syringed periodiaclly I made an appointment had been putting in drops before in anticipation of needing syringing Doc had a look said yep a lot of wax there go out and see reception about nurse syringing I said are you not going to do it but no nurse so I went out and of coursr nurse is booked up so have to come back

SO now I have to go back again no consideration for my time of course only interested in the Doctor getting through as many as possible I have been going there for years but this is the last straw I am gone never again and would you believe they tried to charge me 2 consultations one to see the doc and one for the nurse to syringe my ears something that was always done by the doctor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

Dr lyons in coolmine or dr calvo in the village

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Ive recommended them on here before and I would continue to:

Oakwood Medical in the Castlecourt Centre at Castleknock Village. Drs Geoff Lavery, Nicola Black and Nina Byrnes. All relatively young and Irish, and very much on top of modern medicine and giving patients the time they need. My OH and I attend one each. They have nurse, physio, dietician and Counsellors and a very quick admin response for everything.

I have no connection with them other than my experience with them infrequently as a patient.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

Parks Medical in Carpenterstown is quite good - might be worth a try.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Thread died 7 years ago, let's not wake the Zombie thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement