Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What keeps you sane in sixth year?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

mary-g wrote: »
    lol thats just because i type fast and dont bother looking at the screen!! hows this?:D

It was better before. More passionate.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,812 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mary-g

hahaha! ill work on it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Ignore the haters, mary-g. Be true to yourself! :)

I wouldnt ignore the examiner though to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mary-g

lol always will be!! ill just be studying my ass off for the next few months!!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

Xbox and beer, and at the moment going to Croker for the rugby matches, but last match now in two weeks, may need more beer then

Dare you's to give up fun for lent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭teckoda

Yeah true, the work does have to be done. I'm here looking for motivation and something to hit me. Although that doesn't seem to be the case, as i've just gotten worse since 5th year.

I guess all we can do is just get the work done and stop moaning about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

teckoda wrote: »
    Yeah true, the work does have to be done. I'm here looking for motivation and something to hit me. Although that doesn't seem to be the case, as i've just gotten worse since 5th year.

I guess all we can do is just get the work done and stop moaning about it.

I am really not motivated to work nowadays. i did great in my junior cert. in third year i used to spend ages looking at my christmas results and determaining what subjects needed improvement and tracking my improvement in those subjects. in sixth year, i didn't even study for my christmas exams. Probably because i've grown to hate the system.

And fourth year aswell. My God! are they trying to make us fail our Leaving Cert by letting us get drunk every day and not bother doing any work for a whole year? I thought i was handling my transition in Leaving Cert well until now and im basically ****ting it.

I think the solution is to just try to do some actual study and calm down. I'm constantly sitting in front of my computer or smoking outside my window watching the time fly by me. I think maybe i need to step back and look at myself and try to become that person i was back in third year; the nerd who lived for exams. Wow, writing this out really
    help to sort my mind out. Thanks!

• Advertisement

My friends.. who are all in college encouraging me to do well.. so I can get where they are. (Im repeating. :( )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Niamhd164

Im in 6th year now and oh my god what a year!!! :D:D

The best advice is enjoy it! It is your last year in school remember like there are more important things than study.. i work hard and study during the week but the weekends are off limits for studyin!! i go out EVERY weekend and have a great time with my friends it keeps me sane... and before people say you CANT go out during your leaving cert year i disagree.....

Just finished my mocks, we will just have to wait for the results!!!!!!:D:D:D

Advertisement