Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ipod control in car issue

Options
  • 12-08-2015 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭

I have a pioneer avh-x7700bt with a 480gig ipod classic which lives in the glovebox.

Works fine except that it wont continue playing from where it left off after starting the car later. it goes back to ac/dc as it's the first artist alphabetically, which is annoying.
    It should continue the last song played once you leave source selected to ipod, but it dosent.
    Searched google, but cant find an answer among all the junk hits.

Any idea's

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

K I have 2 ipod classic's one an 80gig and the other a 480gig. the 80 gig works fine, start the car and it will simply start playing from where it left off, the 480 gig one always goes back to the first album.

the settings are all the same in both, the only thing i can see is that the working one has a firmware 1.1.2 pc and the other 1.3

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

it was a change in the device control specs from apple. I have the exact same issue with my intravee in the 7 series and my kenwood DNX unit in my truck. Unfortunately theres no real way around it, any of the newer apple devices use a newer control standard and the back compatibility isn't 100% , your only solution is either buy a super up to date head unit or live with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

guess i'll stick to the 80gig one as modern ipods are lower sound quality and over 400 quid for one with decent storage.

Advertisement