Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aftermarket radio

• 08-08-2015 11:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭

Hi ,looking for help,pls,bought a Honda insight hybrid, 2010,dealer fitted an aftermarket JVC radio/CD player,fitted a metal aerial to window,but radio reception is ****e,OK to good in some areas,but generally awful,any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you,hilly. P.s. driving same routes as my last 3 cars,2 of which had aftermarket radios fitted,but none had any signal problems,cars under warranty, said it to dealer,Autodirect.ie little island,Cork,looking at it next week,but obviously looking for help to bolster my chances of it getting fixed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

When you say "to the window" do you mean an antenna that's stuck to the inside of the window? Like a heated rear window?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭corks finest

colm_mcm wrote: »
    When you say "to the window" do you mean an antenna that's stuck to the inside of the window? Like a heated rear window?

Yes stuck to window,black box,with antenna prongs protruding from top and bottom of it,front window ,passenger side,box approximately 3 inches, prongs 3/4 inches

I wonder if the antenna is powered. Sometimes they're amplified and need a 12v feed from the back of the headunit to improve reception.

I wonder if the antenna is powered. Sometimes they're amplified and need a 12v feed from the back of the headunit to improve reception.

I'll say it to dealer,thank you,very,very annoying,e10,900 car and little, or no radio

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

I've never seen one of those aerials, powered or not, work as well as a normal roof mast aerial. Is it possible to put a roof mounted aerial on the car?

• Advertisement

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    I've never seen one of those aerials, powered or not, work as well as a normal roof mast aerial. Is it possible to put a roof mounted aerial on the car?

Should be, should be said that the sheet metal on the insight is on the thin side. I've had glass mounted in a few cars including my current civic and I have no reception issues.

Should be, should be said that the sheet metal on the insight is on the thin side. I've had glass mounted in a few cars including my current civic and I have no reception issues.

Must be an earthing problem I have,methinks, and thanks for your input,hope it gets solved, driving me nuts, resorted to putting mobile in the aux ,and using its radio through the speakers

Advertisement