Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

RNS510 for 2011 golf

Options
  • 02-07-2015 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

I seen an ad on donedeal to fit one of these for €500, out of curiosity i went onto ebay and found the radios on there for €200.....would i be getting robbed to have the one in dublin fitted?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

RNS510 for €200 seems way too cheap, suspiciously so. Another thing to keep in mind is these are hot targets for stereo thieves, so much so that a few here have declined upgrading, as so many are stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

You also need to be sure you're buying the correct version too. Any of the LED screened ones should work seamlessly with a Mark VI.

Anything for €200 either is a fake or isn't working right.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭AutoMan79

Decent one ( Led version) on ebay cost around £399 + shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

You also need to be sure you're buying the correct version too. Any of the LED screened ones should work seamlessly with a Mark VI.

Anything for €200 either is a fake or isn't working right.

Probably a Chinese one I miss my one actually..

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Wear oven gloves when handling that one as it's probably hot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭martco

howya just my tuppence
    like everyone above - there's no way for a straight RNS510 that that's a genuine offer, too good to be true etc.
    having had one for a while in a temporary car I ended up wanting one myself for a long time - they're a nice unit no doubt - but there's a new generation of Chinese vw headunits available now that are close as dammit OEM (look carefully on the forums to know which ones to go for - the T4 forum led me to take a chance on one from a crowd called A-Sure on EBAY.DE) I punted on an android based 8" for VW for half the price of a secondhand RNS510....piece of piss to install, takes a reversing cam & 3G and has the expected DVD, nav etc etc plus seamlessly integrates with the VW steering controls/mfd (it comes with a canbus bridge) 3 months running it and fits in the dash mil perfect and sound is very good too provided u treat yourself to a speaker uplift too (add those and you're still inside RNS510 money)...also was one setting annoying me and when I fired a mail off thinking oh well be lucky if I get anything I got a shock detailed how-to response and a followup too!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Have a look at my thread below regarding buying chinese head units (funnily enough I had to buy in the UK to get treated like dirt).

Hard to find reviews , buyer beware.

One of the best units that come close to original RNS 510 is Dynavin (now new version N6). Had it for nearly 3 years with no issue at all and now when I am using original RNS I can say that nav is way better on Dynavin. Also there is official store for those units in Dublin so no problems if something goes wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

AutoMan79 wrote: »
    One of the best units that come close to original RNS 510 is Dynavin (now new version N6). Had it for nearly 3 years with no issue at all and now when I am using original RNS I can say that nav is way better on Dynavin. Also there is official store for those units in Dublin so no problems if something goes wrong.

Looks good! Where id you buy yours?

Looks good! Where id you buy yours?

Got it from http://www.icesecurity.com/

BTW I changed it to original RNS because my MFD/MFSW was integrated better especially for nav and phone (OEM look). See pics.

If you have got factory BT then it's better to go for original RNS.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,083 ✭✭✭mada999

martco wrote: »
    howya just my tuppence
    like everyone above - there's no way for a straight RNS510 that that's a genuine offer, too good to be true etc.
    having had one for a while in a temporary car I ended up wanting one myself for a long time - they're a nice unit no doubt - but there's a new generation of Chinese vw headunits available now that are close as dammit OEM (look carefully on the forums to know which ones to go for - the T4 forum led me to take a chance on one from a crowd called A-Sure on EBAY.DE) I punted on an android based 8" for VW for half the price of a secondhand RNS510....piece of piss to install, takes a reversing cam & 3G and has the expected DVD, nav etc etc plus seamlessly integrates with the VW steering controls/mfd (it comes with a canbus bridge) 3 months running it and fits in the dash mil perfect and sound is very good too provided u treat yourself to a speaker uplift too (add those and you're still inside RNS510 money)...also was one setting annoying me and when I fired a mail off thinking oh well be lucky if I get anything I got a shock detailed how-to response and a followup too!!

Hi there have you got a link to one of these devices ?

thanks,

Advertisement