Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice needed

Options
  • 28-05-2014 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

hi :) i am making a decision on which leaving cert subjects to sit. My subjects are english irish maths biology home economics french and geography all higher level. I have missed months of school due to illness. My leaving cert starts next week and my teachers recommend that i sit a few of them to see what it is like and it would be to much stress to sit all of them. I know i will be repeating next year. what subjects should i sit

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

How about English and French so that if you get them you will have satisfied some university entry requirements?
    Maybe Geography too, if you got your Field Study done.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 katy b

ya i done the field study last week and i done the irish and french oral last thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

If you know you're repeating you may as well sit all of them. Think of it as a mock for doing the thing again next year l. Have you applied to the CAO? You'd be surprised how well you might actually do.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Sunhill

katy b wrote: »
    ya i done the field study last week and i done the irish and french oral last thursday

One can ignore the lack of capitals in the above, putting it down to 'computer speak' but the grammatically incorrect 'I done' suggests that you're not ready for a stab at the English paper yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭matban

Sunhill wrote: »
    One can ignore the lack of capitals in the above, putting it down to 'computer speak' but the grammatically incorrect 'I done' suggests that you're not ready for a stab at the English paper yet.

Nice, OP comes here for advice, and this is your contribution?

OP, I would advise taking them all on, if you think you are repeating anyway, what do you have to lose? At the very least you will have the experience of having sat the exam already when it comes around next year.

Focus on passing the exams that matter for university entry for sure, but sit the others also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Dee15

I agree that you should do all of them if possible. However if you have been unwell, it might be too much for you (that's up to you to know obviously) so I would suggest trying to do English, Irish maths and french, just because they are what you need to pass for college a lot of the time! Also, why don't you look into doing a plc next year? Often you just need to pass the subjects mentioned above, and it would be less stressful than doing the leaving cert year again :)

Advertisement