Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on song?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭DoubleD

Honestly i liked the original first demo version more. In fairness this is much more polished and professional sounding and I imagine if it gets heard people will like it. I just prefer how you sang the words "roll the dice" on the first version and how your backing vocals worked on it.

Best of luck with the mtv unsigned, you've got my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭oceanmachine

DoubleD wrote: »
    Honestly i liked the original first demo version more. In fairness this is much more polished and professional sounding and I imagine if it gets heard people will like it. I just prefer how you sang the words "roll the dice" on the first version and how your backing vocals worked on it.

Best of luck with the mtv unsigned, you've got my vote.

Hey DoubleD,

Fair enough, thanks for letting me know. Tried to do alot more with this version, but maybe it was better in the simpler version!

I haven't heard the original demo to be able to compare the two versions but that's a nice tune OM. There is one obvious thing that is slightly distracting my enjoyment, just a percussion thing with the tambourine. Maybe the song would have a better flow if those tambourine hits that come in on the first chorus were played off the main beats? i.e. on the 2 and the 4. I think this would compliment the rhythm on the shaker a bit better as well.

There's some nice vocal work there and your reverbs are appropriately big for such a song. Guitar wise, maybe leaving the 'lead guitar' out until the intro to the 2nd verse would give it more impact. Speaking of the 2nd verse; There where your vocal resumes, there's a low cello or bass instrument begging to be put under it to darken the mood and raise the stakes a little more.

Anyway, lovely song you've got there, best of luck with it!

Advertisement