Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting Wrestling Facts.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

*Bob Holly and Cody Rhodes have held the tag team titles longer (cumulatively) than the Hardy Boyz. 51 days more infact.

*WWE uses cameras with valued at over €100,000.

*Rochelle Loewen, former Diva, claims Randy Orton tooke a sh*te in her bag on her first day of work there.

*Raven is a member of Mensa, and has an IQ of 143 (which classifies him as 'highly gifted' and ranks him amongst the top 2% of the world)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

If you took the whole full time roster (including managers, road agents and referees) and you laid out their intestines end to end on the ground, they would all die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Andre The Giant grew up in a village in France that was also the home of Irish poet Samuel Beckett. Andre's father and Beckett were good friends, he had helped to build Becketts cottage and Beckett would frequently drive Andre to school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

If they go ahead with Orton vs Batista as the main event and more importantly the last match on the card then it'll be the first time that two wrestlers from the current generation or rarher, the post-Attitude era have headlined Mania. Every main event from XX to 29 has featured a previous generation wrestler. Mania 27 had Cena vs Miz but The Rock had significant involvement there.

XX: Benoit, HBK, HHH
    21: HHH
    22: HHH
    23: HBK
    XXIV: Undertaker
    XXV: HHH
    XXVI: HBK, Taker
    XXVII: Rock "hosts" and throws his oar in to pop the crowd
    XXVIII: Rock
    XXIX: as above

WrestleMania XIX was the last time two wrestlers in their prime headlined though Lesnar v Angle wasn't really sold as the main event, Hogan/McMahon was and I believe Rock/Austin was originally going to close the show.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Here in Germany Elimination chamber is marketed as WWE No Escape, think it may have previously been No Way Out even after they had dropped that name in the US. For obvious reasons the EC name doesen't exactly work as well here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Jew've got to be taking the piss?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

An Frankly it's obvious why they dropped the chamber name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I did nazi that coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Omackeral wrote: »
    If you took the whole full time roster (including managers, road agents and referees) and you laid out their intestines end to end on the ground, they would all die.

Not true. Cena would definitely overcome the odds.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Here in Germany Elimination chamber is marketed as WWE No Escape, think it may have previously been No Way Out even after they had dropped that name in the US. For obvious reasons the EC name doesen't exactly work as well here.

Actually, I was talking to someone about this a few days ago. Is the match itself called No Escape, or just the event?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Angron wrote: »
    Actually, I was talking to someone about this a few days ago. Is the match itself called No Escape, or just the event?

As far as I know the match itself is referred to as an elimination match but not a chamber

The blurb about EC translated from German for example =

WWE Superstars dream of WrestleMania, but they must first survive the nightmare of No Escape! In an elimination match within a demonic steel construct Randy Orton has to fear for his WWE World Heavyweight Championship, while his opponents - John Cena, Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, Christian and Cesaro - give everything to be in order not only to catch the biggest of all the titles, but to order to secure a spot in the main event at WrestleMania XXX.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ah cool. I was thinking No Escape would be an awful name for a match.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

WWE Superstars dream of WrestleMania, but they must first survive the nightmare of No Escape! In an elimination match within a demonic steel construct Randy Orton has to fear...

I suppose "Elimination Construct" isn't as cool as "No Escape"

12857712485_b007e072b1_o.jpg

Hulk Hogan Vs King Kong Bundy is the only traditional cage match in WrestleMania history.

Vince McMahon was Shane's best man at his wedding.

Lex Luger,Jake Roberts and Tatanka never won any championships in WWF/E

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JrdanB

Ezekial Jackson's theme tune is just a slightly reworked version of the Brawl for All Theme with lyrics!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I was wondering where I knew taht theme from and couldnt put my finger on it. Thanks JrdanB

Shawn Michaels has forfeited/ more titles than anyone else.

Off the top of my head he's given up the tag titles when tagging with Diesel.

Dropped the IC Title to Dean Douglas at In Your House after a beating from marines.

Forfeited the WWF title in 1997 when he 'lost his smile'.

Was stripped of the IC title in 1994 which resulted in the famous ladder match at WrestleMania X.

Would I be right in thinking he gave up the tag titles when co champions with Austin in 97?

All this before you consider he basically gave HHH the European title on Raw too.

Good old 90's HBK! Always strong in defeat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

HBK didn't like doing jobs! Both of his tag titles with Diesel were forfeited as was the '97 one with Austin. Wasn't he tag champion with Cena prior to Wrestlemania 23?

Cena has vacated a few titles due to injury.

HBK didn't like doing jobs! Both of his tag titles with Diesel were forfeited as was the '97 one with Austin. Wasn't he tag champion with Cena prior to Wrestlemania 23?

Cena has vacated a few titles due to injury.

That's actually correct. Cena and HBK were tag champions despite facing off at mania. The Hardy Boys won a Battle Royal the night after on Raw to pick up the straps. Jesus Shawn!

Although Cena has been an awful tag champion himself.

Has held gold with Shawn Michaels as specified.

Held them with Batista for a week round Summerslam 08.

With Otunga for a night during that Nexus gimmick.

With Miz for a few hours (if that) back when Miz was champ.

Brutal!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Clemantis

Ezekiel Jackson's music was the only thing interesting about him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

If you want to win at Wrestlemania, don't have a live performance in your entrance.
    Those who have done are 5-10

Advertisement