Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

cson wrote: »
    I wouldn't quite put him in the same ITK bull**** echelon as Guillem Ballbag.

I would.

When you look at the sheer amount of stuff he spouts he's bound to get something right sometimes.

As soon as he does it's "As I told you 3 weeks ago..."

But the other 95% of the time when he's wrong there's not a mention of it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Saw this quote from Peter Hill-Wood on F365 relating to RVP.
    :( shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Rennes ready to take 15m for mvila, hope we go back in for him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Rennes ready to take 15m for mvila, hope we go back in for him
    I'd like it, but don't think we will to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Pellegrini on Cazorla link
    Málaga pour cold water on Santi Cazorla-to-Arsenal transfer talk
    • Manuel Pellegrini says owners will not want to sell winger
    • 'Selling Cazorla for €20m would be giving him away'

Sid Lowe
    The Guardian, Friday 27 July 2012

The Málaga coach, Manuel Pellegrini, has warned Arsenal that they cannot expect to sign Santi Cazorla for a knockdown price but has stopped short of saying the Spaniard is not for sale.

He did, however, say he did not think the club's owners would want to sell given the impact it would have on Málaga's Champions League prospects.

Arsenal had hoped to take advantage of Málaga's financial problems to tie up a €20m (£16m) deal for the highly rated winger. But on the day that a representative of the club's Qatari owners finally flew into Málaga to seek a solution to the paralysis that has gripped the club, with players going unpaid, the coach spoke from their pre-season tour of Venezuela.

Asked about Cazorla, Pellegrini said: "As far as the construction of the squad goes there are always offers for various players.

" They say that there is an offer for Santi Cazorla; selling Cazorla for €20m would be giving him away. I don't think the club is in a position nor has the intention to do so.

"It would undermine the intention to compete in the Champions League. If important offers arrive for players you always listen to them, but I don't think that Santi is going to leave the club for 20m because that would be giving him away and it would send the wrong message out."

Koscielny on the Barca links story
    Koscielny: Arsenal always my focus
    July 27, 2012
    Email Print
    By ESPN staff
    Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny says he does not know if reports regarding Barcelona's interest in him were accurate, but his focus remained staying with the Gunners as he penned a new long-term contract.

Koscielny reportedly attracted the interest of Barca with an impressive campaign last year before going on to represent France at Euro 2012.

However, the 26-year-old opted to ignore calls for a potential move to Camp Nou by signing a new contract with Arsenal, keeping him at the club until 2017.

"My idea was to extend to continue to stay at Arsenal," Koscielny told French radio station RMC.

"Personally, Barca did not contact me. Maybe they did speak to my agents. But I did not talk to them. They knew my position. I wanted to stay here to continue to develop with this club."

Koscielny's long-term commitment to Arsenal comes as a boost to Arsene Wenger, who may lose skipper Robin van Persie this summer after the striker released a statement confirming he will not sign a new deal with with club.

The match vs. Man City is on ESPN today @ 1, repeated @ 7

We could be getting sahin on loan don't no how true it is

Of its true along with cazorla surely theo is gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

So another day another rumour.

Reports saying Sahin has been left out of Real Madrids squad for a friendly against Benfica, and hes flying to England to complete a loan move a EPL side with many reporting it could be Arsenal hes set to join on loan. Spurs would make more sense given the Modric sga which has been dragging on.

Cant see that one happening but hopefully sooner rather than later one of these rumours will be true.

So another another rumour.

Reports saying Sahin has been left out of Real Madrids squad for a friendly against Benfica, and hes flying to England to complete a loan move a EPL side with many reporting it could be Arsenal hes set to join on loan. Spurs would make more sense given the Modric sga which has been dragging on.

Cant see that one happening but hopefully sooner rather than later one of these rumours will be true.

Was thinking its more than likely spurs

All these rumours are fecking wrecking my head.
    I wish we would just get the deals done and get the squad together early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

ANybody know much about Sahin?

The LaLiga website said it was to Arsenal before quickly replacing it with 'PL team'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

So we aren't signing Cazorla now? Once again 'reliable' Twitter sources prove to be anything but. They should just ban talk of football transfers on Twitter altogether. It's just a means for hacks to get more followers and in kind make more money from advert revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Galvasean wrote: »
    They should just ban talk of football transfers on Twitter altogether.

What else would people be doing over the summer?

Snakeblood wrote: »

You're dead right. I love all types of rumours and all that even if 90% of them are total bull!

I hope this Sahin thing doesn't mean we're not in for Cazorla anymore. Don't know much about the player though.

Tbh id much rather Cazorla and M'Vila to be true than the Sahin one there saying the Sahin loan is a one year loan with no option to buy Real Madrid believe he has a future with them.

Wouldnt want to be the kinda team that takes a player on loan from a team to help him gain experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Snakeblood wrote: »

The European Championships, The Olympics, pre season friendlies (Arsenal v Man City today at 1pm). Reminiscing about Bergkamp...

Marca reporting its a one year deal, with no option to buy

Good deal will fill a gap till the ox and jack is ready

The Sahin one is gathering pace Marca are now reporting hes joining Arsenal aswell.

No another loan deal.
    Don't see the point myself.

• Advertisement

RVP 11 wrote: »
    No another loan deal.

Im with yeh on that one as I said if it was with an option to buy id be all for it, but the reports are saying no option to buy.

No another loan deal.

He is quality and gives jack and ox another year. I like it

Galvasean wrote: »
    The European Championships, The Olympics, pre season friendlies (Arsenal v Man City today at 1pm). Reminiscing about Bergkamp...

Those are few and far between. I live 24/7/365, old man*

*I'm 38 so may be older than you.

He may be quality but As said no option to buy that's just send us your rejects for a year, they will get into our squad before any of our midfielders, even though we are trying to convince our top players to sign up for longer contracts.

Arsenal XI v #MCFC: Fabianski (GK), Jenkinson, Bartley, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Song, Arteta, Diaby, Santos, Walcott, Gervinho.

No Chamakh, wtf is Wenger doing?
    We need to sell the poor bastard, benching him won't help.

• Advertisement

No Chamakh, wtf is Wenger doing?
    We need to sell the poor bastard, benching him won't help.

I'm sure he'll use him for the second half if he's to do one of them massive subs!

He may be quality but As said no option to buy that's just send us your rejects for a year, they will get into our squad before any of our midfielders, even though we are trying to convince our top players to sign up for longer contracts.

I really think its just for cover for jack, I wouldn't be expecting Him back any time soon

Marca have now changed their article removing saying it's us! Haha. Could be us or Spurs. I'd much rather Cazorla tbh.

I really think its just for cover for jack, I wouldn't be expecting Him back any time soon

Even so, taking Jack out of the squad....
    Coquelin, Diaby, Arteta , Song, Ox
    I'd play them before any loan player because they are Arsenal players and we want them to DEVELOP not some loaner who will forget us after a week.;)

Even so, taking Jack out of the squad....
    Coquelin, Diaby, Arteta , Song, Ox
    I'd play them before any loan player because they are Arsenal players and we want them to DEVELOP not some loaner who will forget us after a week.;)[/Quote

Yossi done a fairly good job last year

• Advertisement

Yossi done a fairly good job last year

And we weren't evenly remotely interested in signing him afterwards, don't see the point, unless we were completely strapped for cash and had multiple injuries.

I'm sure he'll use him for the second half if he's to do one of them massive subs!

It looks like moving to Arsenal has ruined his career, i can't see any manager wanting him unless he was on 20k a week max.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tsoparno

Chitty are streaming it live
    http://live.mcfc.co.uk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Only put it on, is Theo playing up top?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Good game this, Gervinho showing what he is capable of, really hope he can have a good season. Arsenal on top overall.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Only put it on, is Theo playing up top?

Started on the right, then moved to the left, but himself and Gerv seem to be moving around up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

1-0 to city. Yaya bossing the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Two pretty soft goals and the inexperience is showing, Jenkinson and Bartley being exposed. We have Koscielny to come in place of Bartley but we'll probably be starting Jenkinson at the start of the season anyway.

Another soft one, 2 - 0 down now. Carved open down the left.

Chamakh on, this might be the last time we see him lads!!

• Advertisement

Yaya has a pass on him allright.
    We really are lacking creativity in midfield, i hope we do get M'vila, then pussh Arteta or Song further forward, we need more control higher up.

That Oxlade-Chamberlain can kick a ball.

Jesus Tevez left Coquelin like he was standing.

That would've been a beauty there.

Even in a friendly Webb bottles it :pac:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Basically playing in a swimming pool now.

Think it's Aneke who's played a few lovely through-balls that weren't obvious at all.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Aneke has looked impressive. I love Chamberlain in central midfield.

As much as i think Chamakh is bad, he hardly ever gets the service he deserves.
    He's forever looking to make runs & create space, but he gets overlooked for whatever reason.
    I wonder does he not get on well with his team mates.:confused:

• Advertisement

My first 11 for this season

Chesney
    Sagna-Mert-Kos-Gibbs
    --Arteta-Song-Vermaelen
    Walcott-Giroud-Podolski

:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement