Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

issues with redundancy....need advice

Options
  • 01-08-2010 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

hi folks,

i've just been made redundant and have some issues with employer:

1) verbal notice given in an ad hoc fashion, no written notice (is this a requirement of being made redundant?)
    2)the rp50 form issued via company accountants but all other paperwork (p45, etc) and final paycheck (backpay, holiday pay, expenses, etc) not issued on day of leaving - what are my rights/best course of action?

basically, i understand the reason for redundancies (on a 3 day week for 4 months)- in general - but with the volume of sales on the books at the time of leaving and my role in the company, the decision to make me redundant baffles me, i just have to accept it.

now the main reason for this thread - approached the MD last thursday week and said i take it i'm still gone next week, he said yeah and i asked could we sit down and agree what i'm owed (there is a backpay issue - i was not paid my agreed salary for the last 3 years despite getting assurances that it was being sorted out, now the difference per week is relatively small but not the agreed salary either) and to get the paperwork sorted out so i can sign on and do what i have to do to move on but he physically ran away from me and was on holidays last week so left me hanging. i approached the accountants and they had nothing sorted (they act on boss's instruction)

i'm one of two that are in this position and to make matters worse, 4 other lads have got the rp50 form but were to to ignore it as there was work for the next 4-5 weeks

i am completely frustrated at the lack of organisation/respect for my redundancy.

any advice on this would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Clauric

This seems to be a fairly complicated issue, involving multiple problems. My best advice to you is to immediately contact NERA, and discuss it with them. Make sure to bring your contract/terms of employment, calculations for what you believe you are owed, and any communications that you have between you, your boss, and the company accountants.

Advertisement