Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wages problem

Options
  • 24-07-2010 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I have been working for a small company for two years come August first.
    Since starting there I have never been paid for a bank holiday or paid extra time for working Sunday's, I have worked every bank holiday and every Sunday since starting there minus four weeks in the year while I was on holiday. I have asked why I am not being paid for these and never got an answer, also asked to be paid for them in the future and I was told no. How do I go about getting paid for this? Also could I take legal action for all the time I have not been paid for in the past?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Contact NERA for information about your pay entitlements.

Every Irish employee is entitled to have the 9 public holidays off, or else be compensated for working on those days.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭mayfire

dudara wrote: »
    Contact NERA for information about your pay entitlements.

Every Irish employee is entitled to have the 9 public holidays off, or else be compensated for working on those days.

+1. The law is there. It s up to you how to follow it up.

Advertisement