Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on what laptop to buy!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

I'd recommend this toshiba from dabs, better proccessor then both the laptops you linked to, 2 x usb 3.0 ports, bluetooth 4.0, up to 5.5 hours battery life and a good bit cheaper.

Use code PC25IE for 25e off, so total price delivered = €438.15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

15.6" Fujitsu, Core i5 3210M, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD, €473 at LD, add €47 for a 3 yrs warranty if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Torqay wrote: »
    15.6" Fujitsu, Core i5 3210M, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD, €473 at LD, add €47 for a 3 yrs warranty if you wish.

This one looks like it might suit me Torqay. Would u recommend it? I've no experience with Fujitsu.

You're buying a budget laptop, who cares about the brand? They're all made with the same components in some Chinese sweatshop. Add a few quid and buy the 3 yrs warranty if it makes you feel better. :D

I have a 11 yr old Fujitsu desktop, still works like a charm... though it has seen so many upgrades over the years, all that's left of the original machine is the case, the mainboard and PSU... hardly a reference ;)

Torqay wrote: »
    You're buying a budget laptop, who cares about the brand? They're all made with the same components in some Chinese sweatshop. Add a few quid and buy the 3 yrs warranty if it makes you feel better. :D

I have a 11 yr old Fujitsu desktop, still works like a charm... though it has seen so many upgrades over the years, all that's left of the original machine is the case, the mainboard and PSU... hardly a reference ;)

You've convinced me thanks for the advice. Purchase made!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭rothai

manu2009 wrote: »
    I'd recommend this toshiba from dabs, better proccessor then both the laptops you linked to, 2 x usb 3.0 ports, bluetooth 4.0, up to 5.5 hours battery life and a good bit cheaper.

Use code PC25IE for 25e off, so total price delivered = €438.15

the packard bell has an intel i3 processer and more ram and is only 30quid more?

rothai wrote: »
    the packard bell has an intel i3 processer and more ram and is only 30quid more?

For the same money you'll get the Fujitsu with a Core i5 and that is definitely worth it. RAM is easily upgraded, with the CPU you're stuck forever.

And memory is cheap enough, an 8 GB kit (2x4) costs ~€30

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

rothai wrote: »

And your point is?

The toshiba i linked to has a faster i3 processor and is 60e cheaper with the discount code i gave, 4gb ram is plenty.

Theres also the same toshiba here with the new i5-3210 processor for 496.31e with code PC25IE so it works out around the same price as the Fujitsu laptop from Laptops Direct that torqay linked to because it includes delvery, delivery is £17.20 from Laptops Direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ariele

Thanks everyone for the advice. I had a look on dabs.ie but they seem to have a terrible reputation from reading customer feedback,delivery times and customer services seem to be very poor.

ariele wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for the advice. I had a look on dabs.ie but they seem to have a terrible reputation from reading customer feedback,delivery times and customer services seem to be very poor.

I went to buy that fujitsu on LD and there is a payment issue for some reason?...... have to call my card issuer etc

Never had a problem before online.

• Advertisement
Advertisement