Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Laptop Screen

Options
  • 02-10-2012 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi Guys,

I'm having a problem with my Laptop - Dell Inspiron 1370. I was using it this morning and suddenly the Webcam light came on and then the screen went white. I pressed Ctrl+Alt+Del and the option to select task manager and others came up but when I selected task manager it reverted back to the white screen. I shut down the computer and restarted it but same thing happened. Loaded up okay, could see desktop for approx 10 - 15 seconds and then the white screen. i have another profile on the laptop so I logged onto that account and the laptop works fine - no white screen.

Can anyone help please as I am completely confused?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

gizmondic wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I'm having a problem with my Laptop - Dell Inspiron 1370. I was using it this morning and suddenly the Webcam light came on and then the screen went white. I pressed Ctrl+Alt+Del and the option to select task manager and others came up but when I selected task manager it reverted back to the white screen. I shut down the computer and restarted it but same thing happened. Loaded up okay, could see desktop for approx 10 - 15 seconds and then the white screen. i have another profile on the laptop so I logged onto that account and the laptop works fine - no white screen.

Can anyone help please as I am completely confused?

Cheers.
    delete the old profile and create a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gizmondic

Can't do that. Will lose stuff on the profile. Looks like its a virus. It's hit the other profile now

Advertisement