Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lads I need serious help - Windows7 C0000022!

Options
  • 30-10-2011 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

My brand new (:() laptop fell yesterday. The battery popped out and it appeared the hard drive compartment was quite loose because of the fall. I just pushed it back in.

It worked okay after I reinserted the battery and that was grand.

But then when I tried to turn it on this morning I got this error:

STOP c0000022 "Access Denied", A process has requested access to an object but has not been granted those access rights.

I'm able to start the laptop in Safe Mode, which is how I'm typing this.

I'm currently waiting on a lend of an external harddrive so that I can copy all my stuff over and then do a factory reset - will this work?

Anyone have any tips/help at all? The laptop is only 3 weeks old!!

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Burn it, it's clearly a witch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Oh look - The person attacking our Gardai last week now wants our help!

Have you tried plugging it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

*tries best to ignore usual AH answers and hopes somebody takes pity and actually helps*

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Marcus_Crassus

Delete system 32.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Hi guys,

My brand new (:() laptop fell yesterday. The battery popped out and it appeared the hard drive compartment was quite loose because of the fall. I just pushed it back in.

It worked okay after I reinserted the battery and that was grand.

But then when I tried to turn it on this morning I got this error:

STOP c0000022 "Access Denied", A process has requested access to an object but has not been granted those access rights.

I'm able to start the laptop in Safe Mode, which is how I'm typing this.

I'm currently waiting on a lend of an external harddrive so that I can copy all my stuff over and then do a factory reset - will this work?

Anyone have any tips/help at all? The laptop is only 3 weeks old!!

Cheers.

Copy your data and hand it back if possible, that hard-drive is prone to fail at any stage after this and will be a ticking time bomb waiting to wipe out all your data.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

FFS.

Moved from After Hours.

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Oh look - The person attacking our Gardai last week now wants our help!

Have you tried plugging it in?

That was at least TWO weeks ago.

Stinicker wrote: »
    Copy your data and hand it back if possible, that hard-drive is prone to fail at any stage after this and will be a ticking time bomb waiting to wipe out all your data.

Thanks for your help.

What about the fact that I let it fall though?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Thanks for your help.

The impact of the fall prob f*cked the hard drive up, backup everything and run diagnostics on the drive, you can get diagnostic utilities on Ultimate Boot Cd. Just burn it to a black CD and boot off it, Seatools is a decent diagnostics tool, even for non Seagate drives

Nick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Thanks for your help.

Don't mention that to them, once you retrieve your data let it go back to the error mode and give it in to them, just tell them this just started appearing and as the laptop is 3 weeks old you want a replacement. If you tell them you dropped it they will tell you "user damage" and not their problem.

• Advertisement

yoyo wrote: »
    The impact of the fall prob f*cked the hard drive up, backup everything and run diagnostics on the drive, you can get diagnostic utilities on Ultimate Boot Cd. Just burn it to a black CD and boot off it, Seatools is a decent diagnostics tool, even for non Seagate drives

Nick

Cheers man. Do you have a link to a step by step guide please? I wanna do it properly so I don't make it worse!
    Stinicker wrote: »
    Don't mention that to them, once you retrieve your data let it go back to the error mode and give it in to them, just tell them this just started appearing and as the laptop is 3 weeks old you want a replacement. If you tell them you dropped it they will tell you "user damage" and not their problem.

Cheers man. I wouldn't have the heart to do that (stupid I know) so I think I will try to fix it myself.

If I were to do this however, do you know how long I would be left without my laptop?

Also, could I perhaps open the harddrive compartment and see if there's any loose wires etc?

Cheers man. Do you have a link to a step by step guide please? I wanna do it properly so I don't make it worse!

You won't make it worse ;) . Just download the UBCD .iso file from link above. Save it onto your machine. Then download www.imgburn.com, and install it. Get your hands on a blank CD-R/RW and put it in the machine. Open ImgBurn>Write image to disc>Browse to UBCD iso file. Click record button.
    When it is burnt put the disc inside the laptop, and restart it. Boot off the CD (sometimes you need to go into the BIOs and choose boot priority to have the CD first, but allot of machines have a "Boot Menu" usually invoked by pressing the [F12] key at the manufacturers logo.
    Under boot menu pick the CD/DVD Rom drive. On the menu that appears use the arrow keys to go to:
    HDD>Diagnostics>Seatools for dos. Wait for it to open, then run a long scan of the drive

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    You won't make it worse ;) . Just download the UBCD .iso file from link above. Save it onto your machine. Then download www.imgburn.com, and install it. Get your hands on a blank CD-R/RW and put it in the machine. Open ImgBurn>Write image to disc>Browse to UBCD iso file. Click record button.
    When it is burnt put the disc inside the laptop, and restart it. Boot off the CD (sometimes you need to go into the BIOs and choose boot priority to have the CD first, but allot of machines have a "Boot Menu" usually invoked by pressing the [F12] key at the manufacturers logo.
    Under boot menu pick the CD/DVD Rom drive. On the menu that appears use the arrow keys to go to:
    HDD>Diagnostics>Seatools for dos. Wait for it to open, then run a long scan of the drive

Nick

Thank you very much Nick, gonna give this a try! (sorry for another question but should I backup everything before doing this?).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

Delete System32. You know you want to...

Also, before you turn it on the next time pass a magnet over the hard drive to reset the electrons.

troll%20face.png?1295104686

Thank you very much Nick, gonna give this a try! (sorry for another question but should I backup everything before doing this?).

Yes back up everything important now, each time you boot the hard drive the lesser chances of data recovery typically!

Nick

V_Moth wrote: »
    Delete System32. You know you want to...

Also, before you turn it on the next time pass a magnet over the hard drive to reset the electrons.

troll%20face.png?1295104686

Holy ****, it worked!!

:pac:

Advertisement