Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinion on Laptop

Options
  • 05-10-2012 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to buy a cheap Laptop for internet use, word processing and watching videos. Best value with reasonably good specs I could find is this Fujitsu on laptopsdirect.ie. First I want to ask about the company, anyone have any experience with them?

The laptop itself seems quite good with a 2nd gen i3 processor and 4GB of Ram will be plenty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Media999

40 euro for a 3 year warranty!

Youd be silly not to add that.

laptopsdirect is a great reliable cheap company.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭kirving

I'm just wondering why extended warranties are recommended so often on this forum? I mean if the thing breaks, consumer law still covers you for 6-7 years. Now if I'm realistic, a relatively cheap laptop shouldn't be expected to last that length of time, but it should easily last 3 years trouble free.

It would probably take a bit of small claims court effort to get it repaired, but the chances of it going wrong are very slim if treated properly anyway.

Unless it's sarcasm, and I've totally lost the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Student2012

Hmmm...I like the look of that laptop too. I better check how much it weighs...!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Media999

I'm just wondering why extended warranties are recommended so often on this forum? I mean if the thing breaks, consumer law still covers you for 6-7 years. Now if I'm realistic, a relatively cheap laptop shouldn't be expected to last that length of time, but it should easily last 3 years trouble free.

It would probably take a bit of small claims court effort to get it repaired, but the chances of it going wrong are very slim if treated properly anyway.

Unless it's sarcasm, and I've totally lost the ball.

Really? 6-7 years?

That comes as a surprise.

Why do companies even sell extended warranties so?

Advertisement