Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

1195196197198199201»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tsoparno

I used to always worry bout these talented young players we had coming through, but that has to stop if there good enough they will force there way through no matter what

+1 how many young players have we let go over the years that went on to join a top 4 club, off the top of my head Andy Cole(he couldn't score in a whorehouse at the time) is the only one I can think of. Remember Bentley being left go cause he couldn't get in ahead of Bergkamp and look how he panned out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

tsoparno wrote: »
    +1 how many young players have we let go over the years that went on to join a top 4 club, off the top of my head Andy Cole(he couldn't score in a whorehouse at the time) is the only one I can think of. Remember Bentley being left go cause he couldn't get in ahead of Bergkamp and look how he panned out.

Pennant went to Liverpool eventually - does that count? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

On the rb debate if gironde starts surely jenks has to start, his crosses are brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Sky sprts just sayd songs gone to barca

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Sky sprts just sayd songs gone to barca

Please please have mvila lined up

Sky Sports "understands" Song is going to Barcelona - another words making up stuff to fill in the gaps.

And what is this with M'Vila - he sounds like another Cana, everyone has heard that Arsenal must sign him and now agree we must without seeing him play. Not saying he's bad or anything, but I actually don't know, all I know is that he seems a hot head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Maire2009 wrote: »

And what is this with M'Vila - he sounds like another Cana, everyone has heard that Arsenal must sign him and now agree we must without seeing him play. Not saying he's bad or anything, but I actually don't know, all I know is that he seems a hot head.

what?

batistuta9 wrote: »
    what?

What I'm asking is has anyone actually seen him play over a period of time and can vouch that he is suited to play for Arsenal or are people just jumping on the bandwagon cos the media are linking him with us?

What I'm asking is has anyone actually seen him play over a period of time and can vouch that he is suited to play for Arsenal or are people just jumping on the bandwagon cos the media are linking him with us?

he's widely regarded as one of the best young players in europe in his position, and by widely regarded i don't mean by people on an internet forum, he's not a bandwagon.

he's widely regarded as one of the best young players in europe in his position, and by widely regarded i don't mean by people on an internet forum, he's not a bandwagon.

Jermaine Pennant was widely regarded too, so was Francis Jeffers - I'm not having a pop at all, just saying I'm skeptical to some guys we're linked with. He could be the dog's b00lix for all I know - maybe I'm on Twitter too much and am too cynical now :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Soups123

Sky Sports "understands" Song is going to Barcelona - another words making up stuff to fill in the gaps.

With **** like this Sky always has two sources one that says he is staying with a new contract(yesterday) and the other saying he is leaving, that way they always are in the know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Jermaine Pennant was widely regarded too, so was Francis Jeffers - I'm not having a pop at all, just saying I'm skeptical to some guys we're linked with. He could be the dog's b00lix for all I know - maybe I'm Twitter too much and am too cynical now :o

he's 22 and already played 22 games for France - I don't think either of your examples got close to that for their national team. He won't provide the assists Song did last year but with the strengthening already done up front he won't need to. Good passer, good reader of the game and will provide great protection for the defence. I'd hate to lose Song but this guy would soften the blow. I thought Arsene had gone off him though ?

sky sports understands:

barca VP in london holding talks with arsenal about song

arsenal wanting 14-15mil, barca offering 13ml

sky sports understands:

Don't believe that at all I'd expect it to be 15m if there was part exchange, but don't believe it

Jermaine Pennant was widely regarded too, so was Francis Jeffers - I'm not having a pop at all, just saying I'm skeptical to some guys we're linked with. He could be the dog's b00lix for all I know - maybe I'm on Twitter too much and am too cynical now :o

yeah maybe he could end up doing shít in the PL, anyone could but i don't think he will

but he's being linked to tottenham a lot now, some saying they've made a bid

Soups123 wrote: »
    Don't believe that at all I'd expect it to be 15m if there was part exchange, but don't believe it

the numbers are irrelevant at the minute

the important thing if true is that the guy is over having talks - surely the could say no over the phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,276 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

the important thing if true is that the guy is over having talks - surely the could say no over the phone

Link to this phantom guy over having talks please.
    Nothing on Sky Sports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

pandaboy wrote: »
    You think MON would risk Bramble? I think it'll be a slow enough game but I wouldn't underestimate Sunderland either. First game of the season and we pretty much are unaware as to who's going to line out for us because of incoming international fixtures. But I'd presume, if RVP isn't shipped out;

My first preference is in brackets
    Szczęsny

(Yennaris)/Jenkinson Koscielny Vermaelen Gibbs

Song

Arteta Ramsey

Walcott (RVP)/Podolski Gervinho

Podolski's not playing an international so He'll prob have a good chance of playing, and was on fire at the weekend. I've been impressed by Yennaris in the pre-season. He provides good cover and has a nice dribble so he can cut wide or inside if given the chance. Jenkinson has a mean cross but with Walcott on I think Yennaris would provide more options.

Well Kilgallon should be in ahead of Bramble, but there were talks he'd picked up a knock in training the other day. Fingers crossed he'll be fit enough to play because I actually rate him and is a much better option than Bramble.

Like yourselves it's hard to predict what way we will line up really with the internationals during the week and the possibility of transfer movement in or out during the week.

We do have a decent record against you of late and the games we have lost have only been by the odd goal for the last few seasons, so hopefully we can keep it tight again. I'd be over the moon with a draw, but either way if there's no transfers in this week it'll be a backs to the wall job for us for the 90 minutes I reckon.

Soups123 wrote: »

It's not the money I don't believe it's the VP in London and the Song on way to Barcelona

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

sky sports understands:

Surely song is worth more to Arsenal than £15million.

You lot are pretty crap at this negotiating lark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

Paully D wrote: »
    Well Kilgallon should be in ahead of Bramble, but there were talks he'd picked up a knock in training the other day. Fingers crossed he'll be fit enough to play because I actually rate him and is a much better option than Bramble.

Like yourselves it's hard to predict what way we will line up really with the internationals during the week and the possibility of transfer movement in or out during the week.

We do have a decent record against you of late and the games we have lost have only been by the odd goal for the last few seasons, so hopefully we can keep it tight again. I'd be over the moon with a draw, but either way if there's no transfers in this week it'll be a backs to the wall job for us for the 90 minutes I reckon.

Fair assessment. I think the game on Sunday will be an exciting one. Sunderland will be a great team to play as we'll be under pressure and it'll be great to see how our new guys do, if they get game time. Also, I'm looking forward to McLean lining out. He'll be trouble no doubt. Sessegnon's definitely worth a punt as well. Tight marking and hard tackles will decide the tempo of the game I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

As I said in the Summer transfer thread; if Song goes for less than £25m it'll leave a very sour taste in my mouth about this summer. It be an act of absolute and utter bolloxology from the board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,276 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

cson wrote: »
    As I said in the Summer transfer thread; if Song goes for less than £25m it'll leave a very sour taste in my mouth about this summer. It be an act of absolute and utter bolloxology from the board.

Don't worry, he's going nowhere. This talk is all rubbish and a bit of banter i'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

Also, we've blasted past the 10k mark in this thread.... time for a shiny new 12/13 edition!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

cson wrote: »
    Also, we've blasted past the 10k mark in this thread.... time for a shiny new 12/13 edition!

It's like a sweaty GP waiting room it's so crowded now :pac:

• Advertisement

Link to this phantom guy over having talks please.
    Nothing on Sky Sports.

the said it on sky sports news

it'll probably be on now again @ 12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

All this talk of Song is a bit strange.

IF Arsenal want to keep him then why even bother entertaining negotiations with Barcelona over a deal?

I think if we are negotiating then its probably because Arsene wants rid of him

I dunno.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement