Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the amazing irish electorate

Options
  • 30-10-2011 11:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

the people who voted yes to having the judges pay cut should be ashamed of themselves. im not gona get into whether it is unconstitutional or not because i dont really know but doesnt it say a lot, when as hard as times are, people will go out and screw over the judges just because theres a recession. the very same government can turn around and cut those peoples pay who voted yes at the next budget and you'll here all the p1ssing and moaning then. a little solidarity wouldnt go a stray in this gombeen infested land.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

^^
    Eejit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Yuppity Yup Boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

paky wrote: »
    the people who voted yes to having the judges pay cut should be ashamed of themselves. im not gona get into whether it is unconstitutional or not because i dont really know but doesnt it say a lot, when as hard as times are, people will go out and screw over the judges just because theres a recession. the very same government can turn around and cut those peoples pay who voted yes at the next budget and you'll here all the p1ssing and moaning then. a little solidarity wouldnt go a stray in this gombeen infested land.

I'd expect better grammar from a high court judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

But we all come from broken homes, and society made us do it, your honour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

Who controls police pay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,954 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

im not gona get into whether it is unconstitutional or not because i dont really know
    As the referendum was carried it is constitutional now. It wasn't before.

What bit of that don't you understand?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Theyre gonna tax the **** out of everyone elses income in the next few budgets, why should judges be exempt pay cuts...theyre civil servants like the rest of the public service. They're not fúcking gods or higher beings, theyre public servants and dont deserve special treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

Now I understand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

This country was an overpriced farce for many years built on the back of a property bubble. For now some peoples wages are saved by the croke park agreement. But that will fail. This country has to become competitive. I don't see why everybody in this land should work like paupers if you're lucky to have a job to pay tax towards celtic tiger wages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

Congratulations on making the worst argument in the entire history of the internet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Try the politics forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement