Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The I got a job today thread

• 30-10-2011 4:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

Anyone else just like me just want to tell the world with such happiness that i no longer need to claim social welfare...Feels great having a full time job and part of the tax system again. happy days

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Well you better go to bed. You can't be staying up this late any more.

I can....but that's because I'm 'special'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Anyone else just like me just want to tell the world with such happiness that i no longer need to claim social welfare...Feels great having a full time job and part of the tax system again. happy days

Best of Luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭ballsacky

Best of luck,friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Fair play to ya man, hope all goes well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

i tried to thread a needle today but me eyes are ****ed.. so yes... i got a new job... thread.. etcetera!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Awwww, a feelgood thread to match Dr Bollocko's! Well OP congratulations and well done, and I hope all goes well for you in your new post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Bleedin mice,coming to our country taking our jobs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Congrats. Hope it all goes well for ya :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Yay, you can be bitter and cynical like the rest of us tax payers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Plenty of people are gonna hate ya for this OP. I say well done!

• Advertisement

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Yay, you can be bitter and cynical like the rest of us tax payers!
    No whining. Be thankful you have a job :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

RIP/Congrats/delete as appropriate.

Parody thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Well done OP, judging by the time of the post, it's either a late night shift or you're out celebrating :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Well done OP. Enjoy the good mood while it lasts! Work has a funny habit of taking your good mood and putting it through the paper shredder!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Shpuds

Well done! Any chance yeah can get me one now while you're at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭daddydick

Well done dole boy, one less scrounger to worry about

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

I got a job, it's sh!t, i cannot wait to quit. Money does not = happiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭daddydick

S.R.F.C. wrote: »

Are you looking forward to going back on the dole?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

daddydick wrote: »
    Are you looking forward to going back on the dole?

I wasn't even on it before so can't comment, first time for everything, fwiw i plan on going away for a short time, coming home and finding another job.

I don't plan on being on the dole for too long if it happens, i don't really buy into all this "there's no jobs" sh!te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

I wasn't even on it before so can't comment, first time for everything, fwiw i plan on going away for a short time, coming home and finding another job.

I don't plan on being on the dole for too long if it happens, i don't really buy into all this "there's no jobs" sh!te.

Best of luck with that one.

Fair enough don't buy into that shite. There are jobs out there, but there's millions of people applying for them so best of luck..... You'll need it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Fair enough don't buy into that shite. There are jobs out there, but there's millions of people applying for them so best of luck..... You'll need it.

close - 450,000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Negativity like that will get you nowhere.

Oranage2 wrote: »
    close - 450,000
    Nah, according to some there are 449,500 terminal dole scroungers and only about 500 actually looking for work :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Agh - where's al the love gone? (checks forum) okay, but excellent idea for a thread. It'd be great if others contributed to this with job gains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Same OP, started work on Monday. Looking forward to my first pay cheque.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I'm looking for a job too, although i already have one - it's time to move up the ladder. Outsourced jobs are not worth the effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I wouldn't be happy not being able to pay my bills or rent either. Life on the dole was a bit shít. Life after I got a job has been much, much better.

By the sounds of it, you are pretty unaware of what actual job hunting is like. Even if you have the greatest CV in the world, it can be difficult these days.

To quote Hayley Williams (nomnomnom), ignorance is your best friend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Well done OP. Enjoy the good mood while it lasts! Work has a funny habit of taking your good mood and putting it through the paper shredder!

Way to piss on the OP's parade!

DM, enjoy the job. Don't mind westendgirlie, Colonel K is a decent boss and Penfold is great to work with. Just watch out for Baron Greenback and Stilleto and you'll do fine. Well done for getting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

I got offered a job on Wednesday and then offered a better one on Friday! :D:D:D

I'm so happy. I was beginning to think I'd never find another job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

It's not just the money though, it's the not being bored and depressed which you experience when you're unemployed.
    Heh, disbelieve it all you like - doesn't mean you're right. :)
    TheZohan wrote: »
    Negativity like that will get you nowhere.
    Being unrealistic won't get you too far either though. I'm not saying people should just throw in the towel and not bother, but it's best to be prepared for the possibility that it may be tough and take a long time.
    Confab wrote: »
    Outsourced jobs are not worth the effort.
    As someone who has a good job in an outsourcer, I'd say it depends on what department you're in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Hey can I be your PA or something. I make really good coffee, you won't regret it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

I got offered a job on Wednesday and then offered a better one on Friday! :D:D:D

I'm so happy. I was beginning to think I'd never find another job.

Well congrat to the two of you, not easy trying to get something. That will hopefully give this Christmas a bit of extra shine for you! Happy to hear positive news :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Congrats OP, hope it goes well for you! Good to know there is some hope for the rest of us! Good luck with the job!

Advertisement