Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone on back to work enterprise allowance get rent allowance?

Options
  • 25-05-2011 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭

It's slightly different situation to jsa/jsb and applying,anyone been in the situation of being on back to work scheme and successfully applying for rent allowance. Any tips,advice or experience be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

I spoke to my facilitator recently and wasn't given a straight answer. I was told to ask directly at my local Health Centre. I reckon that they may ask you to provide them with the details of your income on a weekly/monthly basis. I hope someone here will be able to shed some more light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 bosco1975

I tried in March last year to apply while on BTWEA but regrettably it was refused.

The argument I got was that BTWEA was "in theory" full time and it was up to me to either source full time self employment (easier said than done) or to close the business and sign off BTWEA. Full time employment/self employment disqualifies you from rent allowance

When I applied I was working less than 20 hours a week but that wasnt considered at all. Eventually after a few months I did sign off BTWEA and eventually received rent allowance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

that's a bummer, but I was expecting this anyway. thanks for sharing

Advertisement