Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sw inspector visit re opfp

Options
  • 24-05-2011 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

sorry if this has been mentioned before, I just got a letter from sw inspector saying she/he will be coming to see me re my opfp. What is the purpose of the visit? What will she/he ask me. Do I need copies of forms etc. Will she/he look into all the rooms etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Inspectors routinely call to homes now following applications for any means tested payment. The purpose is to satisfy themselves that your living arrangements are in line with the information you gave and to go over with you the rest of the information you gave re income, circumstances etc. They won't search through the rooms of your home.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭shefra

Thanks for reassurance Balagan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Balagan wrote: »
    Inspectors routinely call to homes now following applications for any means tested payment. The purpose is to satisfy themselves that your living arrangements are in line with the information you gave and to go over with you the rest of the information you gave re income, circumstances etc. They won't search through the rooms of your home.

They may ask for a look around if they feel you are hiding something!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Heleboo

Sorry if this has been answered before, but does anyone know on average how long after meeting the social welfare inspector is it until the payment comes through? He had said everything seemed to be in order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Pandora2

The person who called to you is an Inspector...they will now make a report (2/4 weeks) and this will be sent to a Deciding Officer. They then review all the information and then 'allow' or 'disallow', then the award is calculated and at some point they look to the HSE to see if you were receiving payments from them awaiting the award. The amount paid to you in 'arrears' is less any money paid to you by the HSE, pending your application being decided. This can all take months and I am afraid that you are heading into holiday season and everything more or less grounds to a halt.

These staff are not replaced when on leave etc, their work remains as was and awaits their return. Anyone in genuine need will have linked into the Community Welfare System and this is treated as an 'emergency service' and therefore available 5 days weekly/52 weeks annaully and staffed accordingly. Would not hold my breath :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement