Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waiting on an Inspector...

• 27-05-2011 2:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭

Hello all!

I am looking to find out from others experiences of inspectors when being means tested for JSA! I was previously on JSB which ran out and then applied for JSA which I was means tested for. I provided Social Welfare with all the documents they required and when I handed them all in the woman said all was in order and that I would start getting payments the next week. A few days afterwards I got a phonecall from the same woman saying that her superior had decided that they would be sending an inspector out to meet me, i asked when would this happen and she said within the next "few" weeks!

This was 2 MONTHS ago, now I know they are busy and what not but I'm becoming seriously strained money wise. I have rang twice asking if they could give me a date or an idea when i would be met with and all she could say was that she can't give a specific date or time and that they will just arrive out!

Has anybody experienced this? And know anyway I could sort it all out? What frustrates me is that an appointment won't even be made, the inspector will just arrive out without notification and I could be out and miss them. how can a department be ran like this, very inefficient!

Any advice appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

you may not have realised that you were entitled to apply for a SWA payment while you were waiting for your JSA to be sorted. please note i said entitled to "apply", not entitled to a payment. the CWO will decide that.to apply for this you will need to speak to your CWO.use this link http://findaddress.citizensinformation.ie/service_finder/
    to find details in your locality. you are searching for your local health office.
    the nature of JSA is that a full investigation of your claim needs to take place, you understand this can not be sorted out in a couple of weeks, not even if they had 1000s of Inspectors. the SWA option was open to you as soon as you made your JSA claim, its just that they may not have informed you of this in your local Sw office. Good luck.

Advertisement