Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rent being reduced so I can get rent allowance

• 26-05-2011 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

I called the land lord to say I lost my job and can't afford to continue my lease and she offered to reduce my rent to the max allowance for the area I'm in and accept rent allowance (being a model tennant really pays off!)

Now I'm just wondering, when I send in all my info, my lease has the old amount on it- would I be able send in a letter attached from the landlord saying that she has reduced the rent to the new amount?

I want to make the process as easy as possible (especially for the wonderful landlord) :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Chnandler Bong

Reducing rent rates to coincide with local rent allowance is illegal!

Really???

My local office said the same to me, try and get the landlord to reduce the rent, then apply for rent allowance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

It is illegal to reduce on paper and charge old rate but no problem actually reducing for real. It is encouraged.

Yes, let the cwo know you have gotten the rent reduced, there will be a form for your landlord to sign so at that stage have your landlord sign that and edit the contract accordingly, of course initialling the edits also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

There's no problem with reducing rent to qualify. The letter should be fine.

Advertisement