Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Running up and down when taking a throw?

• 22-06-2008 11:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

Why is it that when people take throw in's they seem to get away with walking up and down a few meters.

I'm sure they arent meant to do it ? Why do they get away with it ? Only sport it seems to happen in!
    Shockin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I've seen some players steal a good thirty yards with this technique.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

When I ref I will stand in line with where the throw is being taken and then call them up if they go more than a couple of yards past it. Unless I have a linesman when I will have him stand in line. Drives me crazy when any of my guys, or the oppo get away with it in a game, not sure why, think it may be the OCD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Heh, I sometimes tell my lads to "steal a few yards" if we get a throw on the side of the pitch where I'm standing.

At free kicks around the middle too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Free kicks are less obvious though. Was watching the match last night and one of the dutch fella's somehow got away with side stepping a couple of times bringing him up about 10 meters from where he started.

It's just odd that nothing ever happens when its done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

we have a lad on our team who can throw the ball almost half the length of the pitch anyway. Stealing a few yards is not that important as most of our throws are like corners.

Saw a thing that was trialled in South america, the ref had a little tin of spray paint and drew a line where both the offence took place and where the wall is supposed to stand. The paint stuff rubs off quite quickly so the pitch does not end up like a game of Xs and Os but still gives the ref an idea of where people should be.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Its one of the many Beauties of the game. No doubt Blatter will soon make sure only home-grown players take throw ins or something stupid

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

In some south american leagues the ref carries a little can of spray paint and makes a mark where the free kick has to be taken from, maybe they could use that method?

Advertisement