Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jedi Knight 2

Options
  • 29-04-2002 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

Got it at the weekend at smyths.. playing on 2nd hardest level.. amazing! First game i have played in ages that was a challenge.. medal of honour and wolfenstein lasted a couple of days.. Jedi knight though took me over a day just to get off the first level!! Damn hard and very good and i have not even got my lightsabre or Force powers yet!

anyway €49 at Smyths which i think was €10 cheaper than Game...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

Tis better than MoH and RtCW indeed! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Yep, really enjoyed it although i got frustrated a couple of times trying to find tiny air vents and things to get to the next bit of a level. The multiplayer was a dissapointment to me too, was expecting something a little bit more fun......doesnt feel like you are slashing someone with a lightsaber (no, i dont know what it feels to slash someone with a lightsaber)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Game of the Year for me so far.... (And I did buy RTCW and MOHAA).

(Although Dungeon Siege is quickly catching up!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Chowmein

Great game , and the multiplayer is the best i have seen in ages :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

bst game evr.

best game i've ever bought. (i didn't buy half-life :))

definately worth the €50

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

I bought it last week, and to be honest found it difficult to get into (unlike MOHAA).
    I'll have to try again after you lads raving about it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,858 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've found it very disappointing. It's not worthy to bear the name jedi knight since dark forces and jedi knight 1 were much better and still are. I found the levels unimaginative the weapons rubbish except for the lightsabre and far too easy. I only ever die by falling off ledges since you're almost invincible with the lightsabre. Noce graphics though but that still doesn't make a great game. It just doesn't compare to the previous games. Hell even the levels aren't as big as in jedi knight 1. To sum it up i've gotten very bored, very quickly of it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

well im going with the majority here and im gona get the game soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Sabers only ctf online owns, single player isnt great because of the maze like maps :E

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

People with even a tiny bit of a sense of direction will find their way around the game pretty easily..... Alot of the levels are pretty linear, with a handful of tricky locations, jumps, and very secret secrets for the adventurous.......

DON'T play it on easy or medium if you want the game to last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

£22.99 at play.com (incl delivery)

22.99/.78/.787564=€37.42

37 euros kiddies - can I say more?

While you're at it, they're selling Dungeon Siege for £24.99

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    I've found it very disappointing. It's not worthy to bear the name jedi knight since dark forces and jedi knight 1 were much better and still are.

Eh? Have you played either of those recently? JK1 shat on DF and JK2 shíts on JK1. JK1 was a great game in its day but it has aged pretty badly, the graphics are awful and the engine is horribly clunky.
    I found the levels unimaginative the weapons rubbish except for the lightsabre and far too easy. I only ever die by falling off ledges since you're almost invincible with the lightsabre.

Strange, i thought the maps were quite imagitive, compared to RTCW and MOHAAs offerings, anyway. The stormtroopers and the other regular grunts in the game are a bit overly easy to kill, but thats to be expected considering you are a jedi, and they er, aren't. The tougher enemies on hard are not easy to kill, and some of the levels and bosses can be very tough.

Desann was helluva tough! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

It starts off kinda lame, but gets really good after a while. Especialy once you get your saber.

Yeah, the first few levels without saber are pretty pants, as quite frankly, the JK2 guns blow. Especially the blasters, they are pathetic.

The other main gripe i have with the game is the some of the force powers are too powerful (in the single player game, anyway). The main one being force speed - makes it ridiculously easy to kill Desann and the Reborn. Force Speed doesn't really work as well on Tavionn which makes her a lot harder to kill, but a few well timed force pushes has her down aswell. I guess if you want it to be really challenging you have to restrict yourself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I have yet to get my LS and force powers.. i want some..
    in the early levels those little bugs are the worst to kill!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 1,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭satchmo

use your little tazer thing for those bugs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I think its a good game not as good as the first one though the story in the first one was much better and the levels are pretty thought when u spend 20 minuites searching for something that was under ur nose all along

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Was fun to play,but far too short and ludicrously easy,even on hardest it wasn't that much of a challenge,took me 2 days to finish it on hardest (2nd time through tho,2days on medium 1st go) . Desann is stupidly easy,when he throws his saber at ya rjump it,run in and 3 blows on slow saber put him down. Even them giant walker thing's are easy, stand beside them with yer slow saber,deflect their shots at them,and when they pause from firing from a second you can get an attack in even with slow saber. Thta fat fellow in a suit was annoyin,took me 30mins to take him down,then i found out you can beat him the same away as the walker bot's,he just takes longer.
    Multiplayer is fun for a while,especially the maps with a lot of large fall's on sabers only,watch yer step or fall to yer doom while trying to take another feller down,very good fun,usually end's in some1 slipping tho :)
    And stop the comparisons to MoH:AA,they are completely diffrent games,except both are short, MoH is even shorter than JK2 however.

So JKII is better than MoH :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,858 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I just beat jk2 on monday. Have to say i was utterly disappointed. I beat the last boss on my second try with force speed and two strong style swipes and there weren't as many levels as i'd hoped for.
    Kaids i finished DF two months before jk2 and played through jk1 half way before jk2 came out. DF is one of my favourite games it was totally amazing when it came out and is still a brilliant game. i found jk1 much better than jk2. The levels were much bigger, it had a more epic feel, and the bosses were much better and much tougher.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Retr0 what level of difficulty where you on?

The third difficulty. second from top.

I got my hands on jk2 yesterday and i like the look of it so far.

But ravens games tend to be short.

It this game on the Q3 engine?

Retro: Dark Forces or Doom ?

Doom - better weapons

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Originally posted by spooky donkey
    I got my hands on jk2 yesterday and i like the look of it so far.

But ravens games tend to be short.

It this game on the Q3 engine?

you like the look of it so far. meaning you've played it. and you don't notice that it's the q3 engine? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well i got as far as using the big gun to blow open a door which is like 30 seconds in and i still havent had a chance to get back to it, i thout it looked like q3 i just wasent sure!

Its modified quake 3. I have to say dark forces. But nothing except sam has come close to the adrenaline rush of doom. Bring back coop mode!!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement