Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JK2 Force Combo's

Options
  • 04-05-2002 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what sort of Combo's yee ppl use for JK2?
    Just played online and was using the Mind trick untill I realised that the Dark boys could use Sight to counter it... I thought that in the Original only the light boys could use Seeing and Mind Trick (Persuasion back in those days) as the Dark boys can use both Grab Drain and Lightning. they should really fix that as it macks the game total biased towards the Dark side.
    both protections dont seem to work that well either.
    Apart from that the games is great..
    your thoughts?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

On net i'd say Dark side is much better simply because its so fkin hard to hit anyone with a saber with any kind of lag. The DS powers work a lot better with lag, the LS ones are all defensive that rely on you being able to take your enemies with the saber.

Mind trick is alright, bare in mind if your enemy uses sight - it takes a fair bit of his force power to do and his force power doesn't recharge until it runs out. Force absorb pretty much stops the enemy from using any force powers on you at all, dunno how effective the protect is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

i stopped playing on force duel servers because it just becomes a 'who can drain+Grip' faster competition. The dark powers really need tweaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

Yea, I agree wiv u dustaz, was playin there online a while ago and the Choke and then drop over a pit and Drain get really annoying. Absorb is good however no1 will use force powers while u activate it which spoils the point. and the sight lasts long enough for u to fire a few rockets or do a few chokes/lightning's to get rid o yer NME. I'd say it would be far more fun if the light side could use Mind trick properly wivout darkside being able to use Sight, that would even out the Grip+Drain ****e as they couldnt use them if they cant see u

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

Yeah, the drain + grip combo is pretty annoying, especially in Duel :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Drain and grip are great on maps like bespin and streets where you can throw people down pits.

If you have any force power left when someone grips you you can force push them away, this will break the grip. If they keep draining you just go light and absorb hooer :E

• Advertisement

And if you don't have any force power left?

Originally posted by Spiffing
    And if you don't have any force power left?

run like the wind ;)

And if they're gripping you? ;)

Originally posted by Spiffing
    And if they're gripping you? ;)

Curse your own sillyness for letting yourself be gripped and for not leaving yourself with any force power reserve ;)

Ah, but they used drain? :D

• Advertisement

Curse your slowness to counter with absorb :p

... this could go on for a while :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Kaids, just admit that the game is unbalanced and get on with it:)

Eh read my first post u big gimp0r ;)

Advertisement