Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving Games On PC

Options
  • 30-04-2002 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭

Right seen as i have been told that Gran Turismo will never ever be out on the PC i was sondering what the best driving games to get on the pc are?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭saik

colin mcrae rally seems pretty damned good - cheap too. you can always get a ps1 emu and play gt1/gt2. my HAXXED cmr2 doesn't seem to work over lan.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

CMR 2.0

GP3

Rally Championship 2000

are the three I have that work with XP.

Worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

GPL, Grand Prix 2, GP 500, F1RS.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well i think e-Racer is the best pc racing game, on line on a lan or gingel player. If you likt the Gran tursime kinda thing get sega gt, the graphics arent as good but every thing else about it is gran turisme from modifying the car to licence test, to the competitions.

Mix e-racer with sega gt and it would be one great game.

GPL is good as well but a bit old now.

All those rally games are good but i prefer to pass out cars and not race a clock but i still have a good few rally game i play a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

I'm quite partial to Midtown Madness. Arcadey and fun for all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

hehe Driver on the PC of course..tho i was rubbish at it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

ya definitly driver is brillant[y] and funny too, but the best bit is ya can it for like €8-€10 :)

liked e-racer too.

Any one tried the new Nascar game.

How much fun can turning laft all the time be?

Or anyone played balastics kinda looks intresting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Yeh..Ballistics is class!
    The sheer sense of speed is something else specially when you kick in the booster!

Good so another game on my to get list so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

The problem with Ballistics from the demo I played was that it's not really a driving game. It's fast as hell and looks good, but you only really roll around inside a tube, theres no driving as such, like there would be even in wipeout. you can't spin off or whatever, you just hit things a blow up. It reminds me a little of the old classic 'Tempest' on the Atari from years gone by.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a very good game, I will get it when it comes out on budget. But your average CMR/GT3 nut will probably be dissappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Insane - Codemasters - absolutely class on a LAN, best driving fun I've had in years.

Nascar4 is unreal with a FFwheel and a few mates - on a lan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Don't get Midtown Madness 2 whatever you do - it's too arcadey (I know it's not a word ;). The physics are not just unrealistic - it ruins the gameplay.

Carmageddon TDR2000 is a good buy if you haven't played any of the series before.

Advertisement