Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

rte xmas schedule

• 04-12-2012 8:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2012/1203/rteschedule.html

block busters on rte this xmas include speed 2 cruise control, the family stone and i love you man.

REALLY? since when were they ever block busters ffs.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

crazygeryy wrote: »
    http://www.rte.ie/ten/2012/1203/rteschedule.html

block busters on rte this xmas include speed 2 cruise control, the family stone and i love you man.

REALLY? since when were they ever block busters ffs.

Yup...rehashed shyte they've shown many times before....i guess they had no budget after paying Kenny and Tubs :rolleyes:

Only thing watchable there is Bourne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭brian_t

They make no mention of the "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" trilogy which is on RTE2 (and C4) over Christmas and which I'm looking forward to watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I better get on the Amazon website and order a few dvds, that line-up is very disappointing :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

At least there's a Mrs. Brown special. Thank f*ck for small mercies, eh? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

The Bourne Ultimatum
    Inglorious Basterds
    I Love You Man,
    Fight Club
    Walk The Line

Pretty much the only good things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    At least there's a Mrs. Brown special. Thank f*ck for small mercies, eh? :rolleyes:
    Is this a new one or just repeats?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Is this a new one or just repeats?

I think it's new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,307 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Thought Avatar is in the ads? I assumed it would be the Christmas Day movie.

And thanks to that link, I see a show about Ferris Bueller is on at 9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Where are all the christmas films? :( Also, they aren't going to show the first speed, they're going to show the awful sequel?? Poor form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Slightly more comprehensive list here of the RTE Christmas fare here

http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/rte-christmas-television-scheduled-699596-Dec2012/?utm_source=twitter_self

Still not much to get excited about, although it does include the prospect of the intriguingly titled 'Inglorious Basterds Fight Club'.

The first rule of Inglorious Basterds Fight Club is that you don't talk about Inglorious Basterds Fight Club etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭lertsnim

That's not too bad for a terrestrial channel

Confused why they chose the least interesting from here
    http://www.rte.ie/presspack/2012/12/03/rte-television-unwraps-christmas-schedule/

Movies listed here include
    Up, It’s Complicated, Avatar, Leap Year, Salt, the original Swedish versions of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet’s Nest and The Girl Who Played With Fire, The Social Network, Four Christmases, Tangled and Alice In Wonderland. Other great titles include Waltz With Bashir and The Secret Of Kells.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,596 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

RTE just seems to rely on films to fill their Christmas schedules with a the odd new "special" programme. What's the xmas day movie - It's Complicated?

I would guess Avatar will be the Christmas Day movie and be on around the same time as UTV or BBC, whichever gets it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Avatar is being shown on RTE One on New Years Day at 9.30pm

BBC One looks pretty ****e for Christmas Day. They are showing Shrek the Halls and Madagascar 2 with the usual Christmas specials like Docotr Who and Strictly.

ITV looks dull too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,596 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

lertsnim wrote: »
    Avatar is being shown on RTE One on New Years Day at 9.30pm

BBC One looks pretty ****e for Christmas Day. They are showing Shrek the Halls and Madagascar 2 with the usual Christmas specials like Docotr Who and Strictly.

ITV looks dull too

ITV just has the soaps and Downton Abbey. I suspect it will be It's Complicated on xmas night. Streep is quite popular in Ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

blu-ray for me then on santa day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,568 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Music fans have much to look forward to over Christmas with Michael Bublé:
    Home for the Holidays
    ; Joe Dolan - Sweet Little Rock 'n' Roller; For One Night
    Only; Stepping Out With Katherine Jenkins; Mumford & Sons Road to Redrocks
    and Amy Winehouse: The Day She Came to Dingle

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

The family stone - great one of my fave Christmas movies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

I have some of the films sheduled on DVD and blu-ray

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Yup...rehashed shyte they've shown many times before....i guess they had no budget after paying Kenny and Tubs :rolleyes:.

He didnt do such a great job at the end of 2008. At least shameless, self serving "property expert" has gone underground since..... Good bless anybody who took her advice..

Advertisement