Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drugs found in drinking water across U.S.

• 10-03-2008 12:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/03/10/pharma.water1/index.html
    A vast array of pharmaceuticals -- including antibiotics, anti-convulsants, mood stabilizers and sex hormones -- have been found in the drinking water supplies of at least 41 million Americans, an Associated Press investigation shows.

# Concentrations are minute; utilities say water is safe
    # Low-level drug combinations found to impact human cells, wildlife
    # Bottlers, some of who repackage tap water, do not typically treat, test for drugs

Lol! This + their easy access to automatic weapons, may go part to explain why the U.S. has gotten so messed up! Imagine a mood stabilizer and a nice batch of sex hormones in your tap water at the office :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I always wondered why my nipples were so delightfully sensitive after I had been to the US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

gross

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

The amount of each item found was so miniscule there is very little to worry about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

dublindude wrote: »
    The amount of each item found was so miniscule there is very little to worry about.

Unless you subscribe to the theory of homeopathy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Wertz wrote: »
    Unless you subscribe to the theory of homeopathy...

I think what they do is unnatural and disgusting and spreads diseases.

They shouldn't be allowed in the army either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

dublindude wrote: »
    Would long term daily use not have an affect?

There all crap drugs anyway, I'd like to see a report of Columbia's drinking water.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

Im not complaining :D:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

ScumLord wrote: »
    Would long term daily use not have an affect?

1 part in a billion/trillion.

Maybe if you drank water all day every day, for a million years, you might possibly recreate the effect of taking one paracetomol.

Advertisement