Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Urgent, how to tie a tie?

• 09-03-2008 7:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭

I've an interview tomorrow and just realised iv no idea how to tie a tie... anyone got a link or something?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Just use some selotape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

If you don't know how to tie a tie at this stage of your life, you might as well forget it.
    Have you considered maybe a different career which dosen't require a tie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Put it round your neck, narrow end on the left. Pull the Wide part over the small end from right to left, wrap it around twice (or once, details are vague in memory) then push it up from your chest towards your neck underneath the loop you've made around your neck. Then push it down in between the two 'wraps' of wide bit that are wrapped around the small bit. Then pull, but not too tight or you'll die.

Too complicated? Maybe this will help :p

^ Spoilsport :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Learn how to use this first, and the rest will follow. ;)

jimbo78 wrote: »
    ^ Spoilsport :rolleyes:

In fairness your first post was QFT - and the funny part is i know how to tie a tie yet that link I gave has me confuzzled. Which means the OP is very screwed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

jimbo78 wrote: »
    If you don't know how to tie a tie at this stage of your life, you might as well forget it.
    Have you considered maybe a different career which dosen't require a tie?

Another career? But YORE MA told me to wear a tie or i'm not getting paid :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Just glue it onto your shirt!

• Advertisement

JohnCleary wrote: »

BURN!!!!!!!!!

Touché, my friend, touché

Would I be right in guessing your new job is in the comedic field?

JohnCleary wrote: »

Haha, excellent :D

Thanks for the video jug links. Christ I just cant get the hang of this, I can impliment a country-wide WAN, rebuild an engine... but can't tie a fcuking tie! I'll practising this all night!

Cheers for the links

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Don't feel bad OP. Like anything, once you get the hang of it you'll look back and laugh.

Sure changing a beer keg in a pub cellar is easy and can be done in seconds but if I left a newbie there then they could take hours to figure it out.

Elastic clip-on ties ftw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Just paint a tie onto your shirt, maybe they won't notice.

I give up, screw the tie :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

If you're going for a job in IT, just tie some cat5 around your neck. Sorted.

feylya wrote: »
    If you're going for a job in IT, just tie some cat5 around your neck. Sorted.

Would they be more impressed if it was CAT6 and I had the ends crimped? :D

I finally got it, after an hour of cursing!

Staple it to your collar. However make sure to take the shirt off first. It hurts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Just paint a tie onto your shirt, maybe they won't notice.

:D Excellent!

-VB-

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Bow tie. They'll remember you. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You'll look spiffy in this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Defenestrate

*Waits for John to realise he's tied it wrong and can't get it off*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

There's an ad knocking about where a fella shaved a tie into his chest hair. This, I think is the way to go. And if you don't get the job at least yuo'll know you've made someone smile.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Did a windsor this morning no problems at all! Didn't even need to use the Video on the laptop ;)

Interview went well too

Advertisement