Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Quick one for you

Options
  • 17-10-2014 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi,

Trying to get over the now ex by trying to meet new people.
    I was in a certain shop about 8 months ago and a gorgeous girl working in there (mid 20s) caught my eye i was single at the time.
    Just as i was going out i said "whats your name if you don't mind me asking" she gave it gladly and smiles and asked mine.
    I said "Next time you see me i might ask ya out" and she said "Right so" and smiled.
    So i remembered when i was back in there last week and said "remember me?" she said no at first but then she said "oh yeah i remember you! how are you" etc.
    Anyway, i said "i should have asked you if you'd like to come for a Coffee with me sometime back then" and she turned around and gave a really nice look and a smile and said "yeah ij, that'd be nice". so i said shall i grab your number? "and she kinda looked confused, i don't know if she heard me, i shrugged my shoulders and she started laughing. Then someone i knew who worked there came over and i was talking to her, and the other girl kinda went out of sight.
    She seemed to be staying out of sight, going in behind etc until i left.
    Then an hour later i called asking for her, i said "hi it's me" and was gonna say i had to leave so couldn't get her number, but as soon as i said my name, there was silence.. and she hung up lol.

What now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

I'd say leave her be. It doesn't sound like she's interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

She's not interested. Her behaviour was polite and nothing else, and she tried to avoid you when you started asking for her number. If you go into that shop again don't go looking for her or say more to her than Hello and Thanks if she serves you.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

To be honest, I'd say the whole approach, in particular ringing back, probably creeped her out and you should probably take the hint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

Did you call the shop to ask her out?

Sounds as if she was being polite but she's not interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

How did you call her if she never gave you her number? Did you ring the store she works at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

You had a chance, went full creep and scared her off, it's game over with her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

If this all happened 8 months ago, why are you asking, "what now?" Surely it's a bit late for anything at this stage, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

If this all happened 8 months ago, why are you asking, "what now?" Surely it's a bit late for anything at this stage, no?

I think the first interaction (i might ask you out next time) was 8 months ago, then recently he went in and was like "remember me?".

But regardless, I think op should just call it quits with this one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

What do you mean ''what now''? I would have thought that was plainly obvious.

Instead of telling her eight months ago that you might ask her out next time you see her, you should have asked her out then.

Hotman obviously ain't so hot.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Hotman,

Based on the fact that you have just returned from a week long ban for breaching the mod instruction in this thread, and again in this thread, not to create any more new threads in PI/RI for a while, it's unfortunately becoming clear that you are not willing to follow the charter laid out for the Personal Issues forum. The fact that your threads are all at odds with each other (you have been single, married and have had a girlfriend all in the space of the last three weeks) is also causing me some confusion.

Thread closed, and please use the next month off from the forum to seek external help.

Regards,
    Mike

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement