Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keyboard covering text box...

Options
  • 25-07-2012 5:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 169 ✭✭

I can't see a thing when I'm replying to threads as the keyboard covers the text input box. oes this happen to anybody else?

It seems to only happen on the touch version of boards. I'm in desktop mode and its fine.

I've attached two pics of the problem.

Also, is it possible to upload attachments on the touch site? Couldn't find an option for it.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Is that a phone or a tablet? Does the keyboard cover 75% of the screen all the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

when you are on landscape, this will always happen. nothing you can do i am afraid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 169 ✭✭skoomi

Is that a phone or a tablet? Does the keyboard cover 75% of the screen all the time?

Heres a pic of me trying to reply to you on the touch site - i couldn't see what the feck i was typing! I'm using the regular site now
    Its a bit unwieldy on a small screen but less of a pain in the arse and i can also add attachments. By the way I'm on a phone not a tablet.

So.. Anybody have the same problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭G1032

skoomi wrote: »

Just scroll up the page. Then you'll be able to see what you're typing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

skoomi wrote: »
    Yep this annoys me sometimes too!

You can turn off the suggested word bar if you don't use it to get more screen space, hold down the comma key and open Android keyboard settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

Yep, same happens for me too. I'm just in the habit of scrolling the text box to the top of the page before starting to reply.

BopNiblets wrote: »
    Yep this annoys me sometimes too!

You can turn off the suggested word bar if you don't use it to get more screen space, hold down the comma key and open Android keyboard settings.

See the video at the link below
    You can scroll the page up/down to make what you're typing visible.

Keyboard video

G1032 wrote: »

Keyboard video
    Nor in all cases, with Swype the word bar that appears prevents this.
    In this pic I can't scroll down any further: http://www.imgur.com/6nz69.png

And when you select a word, the copy, cut, paste buttons at the top are hidden sometimes to.

BopNiblets wrote: »
    G1032 wrote: »

Keyboard video
    Nor in all cases, with Swype the word bar that appears prevents this.
    In this pic I can't scroll down any further: http://www.imgur.com/6nz69.png

And when you select a word, the copy, cut, paste buttons at the top are hidden sometimes to.
    Some setting on phone then I'd say. I also use Swype and the word bar doesn't prevent me from scrolling the page up our down.
    I'm on stock ICS with a galaxy s2.

• Advertisement

I've found two possible solutions. The first is to hit enter about a million times to make a bigger text box.

Another one is to change the view to landscape then back to portrait.

I called them "possible" solutions cos sometimes they don't work.

Give it a go and report back here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

It's just bad site design.
    You could try swift key which let's you use a smaller keyboard version

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Swype also has a button to reduce the keyboard to half size. Handy on a tablet but I don't know how usable it would be on a 4 inch screen.

That blank word suggestion bar on Swype doesn't disappear every time, it takes up space and it's starting to annoy me now.
    You have to press the back button to exit the keyboard and then tap the text box again and it goes away.
    None of the Swype settings seem to get rid of it, even turning off word suggestions altogether doesn't work, they still appear. :(
    http://www.imgur.com/6nz69.png

Going to give the lite version of SlideIt a go.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dasur.slideit.vt.lite

Advertisement