Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this good value?

• 18-07-2012 9:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭

I came across a non branded android phone and I am interested to hear what your opinions of it are and if it represents good value or not. One customer that had bought the phone suggested that it was on par with their Galaxy SII.
    I would usually not even consider buying such a phone... ie non branded but I am going to research this one and see how it goes.

The spec is as follows:

Operating System: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
    Hardware Chipset: MTK6575
    Core CPU: 1GHz ARM CortexTM‐A9
    RAM: 512 MB
    Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 3G.
    4.3 inch Capacitive Screen with Resolution of 960 * 540
    5 point Multi Touch
    Micro SD card slot supporting up to a 16gb card
    2000 mAh battery with 72hrs Standby-time and 4hrs Talk-time
    8mb camera
    0.3mb front camera
    GPS
    Proximity sensor
    Orientation sensor
    Magnetic field sensor
    Accelerometer sensor
    12 month warranty
    Price €179

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

enviro wrote: »
    RAM: 512 MB

My 2c is I don't like that bit. I think the S2 has 1GB.
    I had a HTC Sensation until recently. That used to go laggy when the RAM was close to being full (that had 756Mb).
    That could have been HTCs fault for all I know though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

My 2c is I don't like that bit. I think the S2 has 1GB.
    I had a HTC Sensation until recently. That used to go laggy when the RAM was close to being full (that had 756Mb).
    That could have been HTCs fault for all I know though.

The S2 did have 1gb ram.
    The S1 has 512Mb Ram and it's quick enough altho that is using CM9 and not stock Roms.

OP, I would find out as much info on this as I could. Is there a community for this type of phone where custom ROMS are available. If it's some poor stock rom on it it won't matter how much ram are on it it'll be slow and nowt you can do about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭stevek93

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

stevek93 wrote: »

Thanks for the link

Reviews look very good, seriously considering it now.

No worries. Great bit of phone for the money thinking of ordering it next weeks sometime. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I'd sooner go for the Huawei over the no-name Chinese phone. You'll be a lot happier with the Huawei.

I'd sooner go for the Huawei over the no-name Chinese phone. You'll be a lot happier with the Huawei.

Wouldn't touch a non branded Chinese anything for that matter.

Advertisement