Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

442 is more vulnerable defensively than 433?

can you explain how that works in theory?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

We
    shangri la wrote: »
    442 is more vulnerable defensively than 433?

can you explain how that works in theory?

well anyone that says 433 nowadays means it like an attacking 451

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Ok, next batch of Phil Jones sigs rolling out.

SilverFox261:
    SilverFox261.jpg
    http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h230/mikeyt086/SilverFox261.jpg

Cheers Mikey. My sig is class!

PS: Merry Christmas all!

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭POSSY

In fairness Fergie's hardly gonna make a statement like "well this January I'm absolutely desperate and any piece of sh1t player will do".

PS. Merry Xmas to one and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭parc

fergie's definitely been quite conservative in regards transfers in january, no vale in the market etc

maybe he's right but I reckon we need one in the summer...old news I know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Liam O wrote: »
    United play a 4-4-2 despite most top teams playing a 4-3-3 most of the time. In the modern game to justify this you have to either accept that you'll be defensively vulnerable or else have two midfielders capable of getting stuck in and picking up the slack for the 4 very attacking players. There's a reason Carrick is in position to get so many interceptions, because he realises that if an attack breaks down and both CMs are forward that the defense is very vulnerable.

There has never really been a CM at United who doesn't do defensive work which is why I find signings like Sneijder and Ozil to be quite ridiculous unless Fergie plans on changing the system to accommodate them. You could look at Cleverly this season but he does work hard without the ball and won't have to drop Chico or Welbeck to get him in the team. A consistent Carrick and a slightly more attacking playmaker like Cleverly but maybe a bit more developed would be ideal. Fergie's become a bit too obsessed with young English players imo...

I should probably just come out and admit I can't stand Carrick and think he's one of the worst first team midfielders I've seen in my 20 years of watching United play. I don't post in here at all usually because I imagine statements like that just get you hate from uber-fanboys, but there ya go.

I think Cleverly is a decent player who'll have a great career, but he's going to take some time to be top class, if he ever reaches that level.

Completely agree with the point about hard-working CMs, but there's gotta be more than Sneijder, Ozil, and Modric on the menu (although I still want Modric above pretty much all else - love the guy - but know it's very unlikely to happen).

Sometimes when you listen to managers talking about transfers, you'd think there were only a few hundred players on the planet to choose from. There are *always* world class players available, some well-known, some not. Nobody has proven that more than Fergie and Wenger over the last number of years, yet they go on like football is dying and nobody can play anymore as soon as they're asked the question.

I know Fergie can't sound desperate, and not having full fate in him does seem kind of ridiculous when you reflect on what he has done... but I'd just feel a lot happier as a fan if he acknowledged the need for improvement more, instead of just jumping to the "hey, we have injuries" or "there's no value out there" lines to defend what is now a (relatively) "weak" midfield with seemingly nobody lined up to come in.

I miss fully-fit Fletcher from 2 years ago. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

The FA have awarded Andy Carroll an 8 match run in the Liverpool team. Kenny Daglish and the rest of the Liverpool board are set to appeal the decision

*gets jacket and leaves*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    The FA have awarded Andy Carroll an 8 match run in the Liverpool team. Kenny Daglish and the rest of the Liverpool board are set to appeal the decision

*gets jacket and leaves*

Thats class. Do you mind if I put that up on Facebook? All my ManU mates deserve to read that:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Derfil wrote: »
    Thats class. Do you mind if I put that up on Facebook? All my ManU mates deserve to read that:pac:

No problem, I actually robbed it from Facebook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Derfil wrote: »
    MANUTD99 wrote: »

*gets jacket and leaves*

Thats class. Do you mind if I put that up on Facebook? All my ManU mates deserve to read that:pac:[/Quot

aye , will be borrowing it myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

lol

Jows.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Lol at all the Liverpool fans who tried to rig the Player of 2011 Poll on Sky Sports:pac::pac::pac::pac:
    Thanks to everybody who voted in our Player of the Year poll for the Goals on Sunday Christmas Special.

Liverpool fans will be pleased to hear that Luis Suarez topped the poll at midnight on Thursday night when voting was due to close.

Due to an error the poll remained open until 7.30am and in these hours a surge of votes came in for Manchester United winger Nani, which saw him overtake the Liverpool striker.

But as you'll see when you tune in to Goals on Sunday, we have recognised Suarez as the winner of the poll as he was top at midnight when the vote was due to close.

We'll also make it clear that Nani had overtaken him by the time the poll was taken down.

We'd like to point out that neither Ben Shephard nor Chris Kamara had anything to do with the voting process and they'd like to thank you for your contributions to the discussion.

http://www.skysports.com/tv_show/story/0,,12384_7393506,00.html

RVP should really have won it but happy it wasn't bloody Suarez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

zerks wrote: »

http://www.skysports.com/tv_show/story/0,,12384_7393506,00.html

Eh.......it was Suarez.

"we have recognised Suarez as the winner of the poll as he was top at midnight when the vote was due to close"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

zerks wrote: »
    Lol at all the Liverpool fans who tried to rig the Player of 2011 Poll on Sky Sports:pac::pac::pac::pac:

But he did :confused:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFpwZOIK3FWYDuVUNlAYeK8D0wRwYfkqMUzULOXXpdzaySVUXv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Eh.......it was Suarez.

"we have recognised Suarez as the winner of the poll as he was top at midnight when the vote was due to close"
    mixednuts wrote: »
    But he did :confused:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFpwZOIK3FWYDuVUNlAYeK8D0wRwYfkqMUzULOXXpdzaySVUXv

Evra_468x709.jpg
    5u56W.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

ekrt00.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

City draw ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Outstanding, outstanding day of football :) Nearly at the halfway mark, lets see if we can get on top by then! G'wan Sunderland!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I remember being laughed at when I suggested this league was not over before City played Liverpool weeks back.

Where are ye;););)

Good day all around really.

Going to have to insist they turn on Match of the Day at the pub tonight :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Nice late Christmas present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Great performance and great result. I hope the current league table is closely studied by the doom mongering "City are an unstoppable machine" merchants from a few weeks ago.

There is a long way to go and both will drop points but United have had an excellent first half of the season, one horrible blip aside. Level on points with one game to go to the halfway point, not bad for "such a poor start".

The squad is showing the strength in depth too with Berbatov, Park etc showing their value today. Hopefully numbers return to the defence soon too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Posted by me - 24/10
    it's still only October, I wouldn't be surprised to see that 5 point gap disappear by Christmas.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

City, Liverpool and Chelsea all draw, and we stroll to a 5-0 win. Good day to be a United fan.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

:cool:

Pffft! Christmas has been and gone!

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,272 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Dimitar Berbatov now has just 1 less league goal than Luis Suarez in 10/11, despite playing just 255 minutes to the Uruguayan's 1,454.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

oh yes that feels good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Gibson only misplaced 3 passes. 96% accuracy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,220 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Line-up had me a little worried but Berbatov decided he wanted a hat-trick today so everything's cool.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement