Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phone to output video to in-car screen

• 08-08-2012 12:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,465 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, so Im not great on this type of stuff but Im looking at buying an xcarlink device that basically is a plug and play gadget that allows me to connect a multitude of external video sources to my cars in-dash display. Ive got reversing cameras and other stuff worked out but if I can get a phone that can output 'composite video' I think, it will seemlessly display the phone screen on the dash display opening up stuff like google maps and satnav, skype on the screen etc which would all be pretty cool. My current Nexus S does not seem to be capable of outputting the video required. Any advice on phones that might do it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭stevek93

Don't think this phone has a TV out option correct if my wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Has to be done via MHL HDMI and then using a HDMI to composite converter. Main issue is providing the 5v necessary for the MHL adapter so you will need to purchase an additional power supply. There's a full discussion on how to do this here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1440911

Advertisement