Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TIPPING RIFLE SHAFTS ???????????

Options
  • 27-11-2014 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello

came across a set of these lately, real real cheap, was drawn to the rifle shafts (4.5 flited lite) and they were a bit whippy for me, so i took off the heads and took 0.5 inch from the tips, man oh man they are some beasts.........3 and 4 iron are rippers and dispersion is 15 yards at most and shorter irons fly straight and true, no allowing for the wind (it doesnt touch um, im in Ireland) play to a 3 handicap.

now taking 0.5 inch from the tips (what flex would they be now ?????) 5.5 and of course a loss of a little distance due to the shorter club,

so in your opinion is this down to the shafts (as have played mizuno blades before and loved them but nothing like this before)

if so i would consider buying flited lites 5.5 and get my 0.5 inch back

any and all comments are welcomed

regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 SHOTSHAPERS

MACGREGOR MACTEC FORGED M685

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

Hello

came across a set of these lately, real real cheap, was drawn to the rifle shafts (4.5 flited lite) and they were a bit whippy for me, so i took off the heads and took 0.5 inch from the tips, man oh man they are some beasts.........3 and 4 iron are rippers and dispersion is 15 yards at most and shorter irons fly straight and true, no allowing for the wind (it doesnt touch um, im in Ireland) play to a 3 handicap.

now taking 0.5 inch from the tips (what flex would they be now ?????) 5.5 and of course a loss of a little distance due to the shorter club,

so in your opinion is this down to the shafts (as have played mizuno blades before and loved them but nothing like this before)

if so i would consider buying flited lites 5.5 and get my 0.5 inch back

any and all comments are welcomed

regards

Are they Mizuno irons you bought?
    Mizuno blades and tour cavities tend to be taper tipped, as oppossed to parallel.
    so if you tipped them, are they seated properly?

Mactec 685 forged irons flited lite rifle 4.5 and yes they sit perfectly......if i removed grips and added .5 inch extension, this in essence is returning to 4.5, am i right in saying that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

Ok....so they are parrallel.
    tipping by .5 would make them play like a 5.0.

neckedit wrote: »
    Ok....so they are parrallel.
    tipping by .5 would make them play like a 5.0.

they are FCM not px.....they have different properties

FCM have no halves 4.5,5.5,6.5
    unlike px....who have 4.0,4.5,5.0,5.5 etc

so me tipping mine, they are FCM 5.5 i think but i dont know

• Advertisement
Advertisement