Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Axle Weights for an Isuzu LS 2002

Options
  • 24-11-2014 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi there,

I've just been turned away for my CVRT test! Apparently the axle weights aren't on the vehicle, usually there's a plate I think.
    I assume this is as originally the jeep was imported from the UK.

All the CVRT tester will accept is a headed letter/email from Isuzu stating the weights :0

I have been so far unsuccessful in getting through to anyone in Isuzu apart from salesmen who have no clue!

Any ideas? I see there's an Isuzu dealer 'Dineen & O'Donoghue' down in Killarney. I thought maybe if I knew the weights they'd write me the letter?

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

This is normally on the VIN plate. Lists Axle 1, Axle 2, Total, and towing capacity. Bizarre that it wouldn't be there.. is there a Chassis number on it? try contacting Harris motors on the Naas Road, might be worth a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 31 PG.Tips

Chassis number there all ok, but no front/back axle weights, towing weights!

Have been all over it. Unless it was on another plate that's fell off in the past?

I've had one idea, not sure of legalities?

If I can successfully find out the weights concerned I could get a blank VIN plate and the little marking kit to add in the chassis number and weights.
    I've seen one you can get that's fairly basic, with spaces for the numbers and weights.

That would at least bypass any future hassle, guess I could age it a bit and rivet in on :0

Advertisement