Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Horizon Xbox Live (360) Disconnect

Options
  • 18-11-2014 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I found a post from a year ago about no connection to xbox live with Upc Horizon. My problem is not the same. I connect every time I turn my console on. Maybe once a month I have a day where I don't disconnect after a few hours. Usually, it's somewhere between once and 10 times an hour. A UPC rep replied to that post a year ago and was really helpful. I tried to direct message him but he does not accept direct messages any longer. If you could read this message, it gives the details of my problem. Can anyone help? I'm pretty sure I have already switched from WPA 2 to WPA. Can anyone help?

Hey Brian, I searched horizon xbox 360 and found a thread where you gave a lot of help to people. I genuinely think that since the bill payer 'upgraded' to horizon, I have had the worst connection to xbox live of any broadband customer in Ireland. He won't budge off UPC as he doesn't use xbox live and he can connect fine with his laptop.

The annoying thing is I'm quite handy with networking and IT in general. I thought I'd be able to work with upc for a quick fix. Well to be honest, that's one of many many annoying things. Your colleagues on the phone saying you don't support xbox live and oh it's probably the wireless probably tops the list!

To give an idea of my problem, I'm trying to download an update atm, not even trying to play a game and I've been disconnected 4 times since I began writing this message. I spent a few weeks on wired and it was marginally better. As long as I'm prepared to (which I'm not) restart my console every ten to 30 mins, you could say my connections OK. It's just always a bit laggy and constantly disconnecting.

I've set up a static ip and port forwarded for that ip. The router I've been supplied gives no access to mtu settings which is important on xbox live. I noticed one of your tips was to go from wpa2 to wpa in th thread I read. This was from a year ago. Can you help me with this. If you could, I might change my standpoint of as soon as I can choose the ISP in the house I live, get as far away from upc (who in my opinion were the best prior to horizon) as I possibly can.

Greatly anticipating your assistance. Should have plenty of time to mess around with settings and suggestions tomorrow afternoon,

Dave

Advertisement