Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Realistic dream cars that you might own one day.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,929 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Prices on these are coming down nicely.. this one has lots of miles but maybe something similar in a year or two..

27954598.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,462 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Always kinda wanted an A8 but that current one is muck.
    Face lift did improve it somewhat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Land rover Discovery 4 HSE model with all spec Auto

LR4_LE_landing_page-900x265.jpg

Volvo XC70 2.5T petrol Ocean race edition Auto AWD

volvo-xc70-ocean-race-02.jpg

It is very possible for me to have a LR3 and XC70 tomorrow if i wanted them but insurance companies dont like that im under 25 in these cars, so i will own a LR4 in the future and a XC70 newer model rather than the old one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Chriscl1 wrote: »
    due to maintenance payments to the dreaded ex i will never be in a ferrari but when my payments end in 15 years i'll be in one of these :)
    I heard a VXR at the London Motor Show a couple of years ago, the noise is actually ridiculous! It would deafen you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Prices on these are coming down nicely.. this one has lots of miles but maybe something similar in a year or two..

27954598.jpeg

I'd have a 2009 A8 with a 4.2 TDI engine and the Bang & Olufsen stereo.

This new one doesn't appeal to me that much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Sobanek wrote: »
    I'd have a 2009 A8 with a 4.2 TDI engine and the Bang & Olufsen stereo.

This new one doesn't appeal to me that much.

S8 with the petrol engine surely .

• Registered Users Posts: 48 lillen

My childhood dream car was the Peugeot 206 GTI, a blue one to be specific.
    This came from playing Need for Speed : Underground.
    5 years after the release of the game I had passed my driving test and it was time to buy a car.
    I ended up buying an aegean blue Peugeot 206 GTI.

This car went to the scrap yard after I was driving it just a little bit to similar to as I drove it in the game.

At current time I have my eyes on a Audi TT mk3, which I'm not able to afford in my current situation - but I will eventually. For now an Audi TT mk1 will have to do.

S8 with the petrol engine surely .

Meh, the torque is mahoosive.

And it sounds nice too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Sounds like a hair dryer and I'd know!

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

dmp-14096-albums-dmp-s-2004-sunlight-silver-590-picture-rx8-house-2-11431.jpg

A mazda rx8 is the dream for me. Absolutely love everything about them, the way they look, their doors, the fact they have four proper sets and not least the fact you can rev it up to 8000rpm+ and it loves when you do.

Realistically I might be able to get one of these some time in the next 5 years, fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭mossy50

LANCIA DELTA INTEGRALE

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Dodge Viper SRT10.
    I will own you some day.

In slightly more achieveable terms, I'd love a cadillac coupe deville. They came with a 500ci v8 engine but I'd settle for the tiny 472ci (7.7l) that most seem to have been specced with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Meh, the torque is mahoosive.

And it sounds nice too

You must have some speakers to make that sound nice, this is nice...

Here's what one with a proper engine in it sounds like :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

My ambition is relatively modest - an M3. I just love everything about these cars, the understated looks but still one of the best (if not the best) sports saloons out there. I've always had a massive soft spot too for the hard top Z4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I've always fancied a Volvo P1800, in Simon Templar white obviously. There's something so darn elegant about those things:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrDWD5PIeg1JKrMCTgGgTW-fxX4yoPPx_8Nh1Sxsn_R9RLq3M5bg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

mickdw wrote: »
    Always kinda wanted an A8 but that current one is muck.
    Face lift did improve it somewhat.

i got a lift in one of these satuday night into town 2011 a8 3.0 tdi and i have to say it was probably one of the nicest cars i have ever been in - a big step up from my f10 520.it felt quick too although the owner said the gearbox was ****e and never in the right gear !

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭PLUG71

Bpmull wrote: »
    Clio 197
    Megane 225
    Megane rs250 / rs265

Determined to own at least one of these I think I'm being fairly realistic but think any of the 3 would be a class car going by reviews and I've always loved Renault sport cars :)

Dont forget the R26 :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 592 ✭✭✭JC01

Definatly will own:

R32 GTR
    e46 m3

All going to plan, realistic dream cars:

E92 m3
    F10 m5
    r34 GTR
    04-09 shape Mustang
    An 80s or 90s Ferrari possibly a Testarossa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

RS4.

With TDI badges.

• Advertisement

blingrhino wrote: »
    i got a lift in one of these satuday night into town 2011 a8 3.0 tdi and i have to say it was probably one of the nicest cars i have ever been in - a big step up from my f10 520.it felt quick too although the owner said the gearbox was ****e and never in the right gear !

To be fair it would be fairly poor if it wasn't a big step up from a base engined 5 series, after all, it's a full class above.
    No doubt the A8 is a great car but I just don't get the exterior styling. Looks terrible to me and A8 was always a favourite of mine.

To be fair it would be fairly Spa if it wasn't a big step up from a base engined 5 series, after all, it's a full class above.
    No doubt the A8 is a great car but I just don't get the exterior styling. Looks terrible to me and A8 was always a favourite of mine.

I already had mistaken an A4 for an A6, and an A8 for an A6...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

I already had mistaken an A4 for an A6, and an A8 for an A6...

It's the same with the new bmw range, since the f10 5 series came out, the 1 is like the 3, which is like the 5, which is like the 7.

Copy, enlarge, print!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

mossy50 wrote: »
    LANCIA DELTA INTEGRALE

Yes!!!!!
    There's a surprisingly large amount of integrales in the country as well, including a few evo's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

I always wanted an E46 M3 it's definitely the next car I'm gonna get :) I'm on a E46 323 at the moment so I'm getting there slowly :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Killinator

Seems a F-Type is slightly over 'realistic' at the moment, this is what I'd like, and maybe will have sooner or later:

Mk5 R32
    news_18_1_large.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

The mk1 audi tt 225 fits the bill nicely for a realistic dream car. Decent somewhat economical performance with striking looks.

The mk1 audi tt 225 fits the bill nicely for a realistic dream car. Decent somewhat economical performance with striking looks.

I had a chipped 180bhp quattro 7 or 8 years back and while I wouldn't call it a dream car, it was certainly very far from the typical golf in a dress opinion of them.
    I would agree with the economical performance car bit though. Less bills than a diesel golf apart from petrol which it liked.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Lotus Omega/Carlton, it came out around the time in my childhood when i got into those discrette fast saloon cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

I had a chipped 180bhp quattro 7 or 8 years back and while I wouldn't call it a dream car, it was certainly very far from the typical golf in a dress opinion of them.
    I would agree with the economical performance car bit though. Less bills than a diesel golf apart from petrol which it liked.

the 225 version is a world apart again from the 180, especially when mapped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Lotus Omega/Carlton, it came out around the time in my childhood when i got into those discrette fast saloon cars.

Prices on them remain stubbornly high http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/classic_cars.php?category=&make=29&region=&country=&era=&advert_type=&price=&keyword=carlton&S.x=71&S.y=12&S=Search

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Neilw

I'd like to think I could have one of these next, E92 M3 :cool:

sszcpcoupe2.jpg

I'd love a white one with a black roof and an Akrapovic exhaust :D

I'd love a white one with a black roof and an Akrapovic exhaust :D

Any colour once it's not black for me.
    I was over in LA a couple of weeks ago and there are lots of these on the roads, it seems like most of them have an aftermarket exhaust of some kind....they sound epic :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I just want this so bad.

no-image-large.gif

But the tax. The tax! I can't do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Why Not?

tossy wrote: »
    the 225 version is a world apart again from the 180, especially when mapped.

No doubt but mine was putting out somewhere around 210 and driving 225 versions at the time, they certainly were not a world apart.

No doubt but mine was putting out somewhere around 210 and driving 225 versions at the time, they certainly were not a world apart.

A remapped 180 will be roughly the same as a standard 225, but with less turbo lag due to the small k03s turbo on the 180 engine.
    A remapped 225 would be quicker again.

A Porcshe Cayman :)
    Unfortunately less likely to have even a 2007 one now than I was back in 2007 !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

Corvette C5: always loved these since I was a kid. Nice simple mechanicals, good parts availability and massive owners following mean it's a realistic enough prospect for me over the next few years.

Maserti Quattroporte: love these too and they're in range price wise but have the potential for ruinous repair bills and theyre not exactly a car for the DIYer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 592 ✭✭✭JC01

I just want this so bad.

no-image-large.gif

But the tax. The tax! I can't do it.

Corse ya can. These can actually be got at complete bargain prices for the performance car they are. Just don't let the Missus see the tax disk and alls good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,862 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

2012-Nissan-GT-R-Deep-Pearl-Blue-001.JPG

You'd have to imagine that one day this could be achievable...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

08's are already just under €50,000 in the UK, R34's are around €30,000, R33's around €15,000 and R32's are about €10,000.
    You'll get one some day. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

CianRyan wrote: »
    08's are already just under €50,000 in the UK, R34's are around €30,000, R33's around €15,000 and R32's are about €10,000.

The went downhill all the way, I'd own a 32 in a second.

Dream would be an R30 with a 26 inside. Looks like a bluebird but would eat you alive :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

CianRyan wrote: »

Did you look up how much the VRT is? :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Caliden wrote: »
    Did you look up how much the VRT is? :(

Yeah it would make a grown man cry!
    Might go working in the UK in a couple of years and grab one then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭discodavie

Not doing so bad so far , Lamborghini/red fiat next

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

discodavie wrote: »

Very nice.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

discodavie wrote: »

Love the reg on the Aston!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭discodavie

Love the reg on the Aston!

Not the m ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,009 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

1970-Nissan-Skyline_4.jpg

pics-max-2116-317333-1972-nissan-skyline-kpgc-10-2000gt-r.jpg

On the subject of Skylines.... I may just have wet myself slightly. Those are amazing and only add to my wanting an epic 70s/80s era Jap car.

Advertisement