Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black screen after pressing delete to enter bios

Options
  • 16-11-2014 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

My mates gigabyte Z77-DS3H goes into a black screen when he presses delete to enter it. Is there a way to fix this or is his mobo need an update because then bios worked when we first built the PC, If you could help me out that would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

PCSharkey wrote: »
    My mates gigabyte Z77-DS3H goes into a black screen when he presses delete to enter it. Is there a way to fix this or is his mobo need an update because then bios worked when we first built the PC, If you could help me out that would be greatly appreciated.

If using HDMI connection try VGA. Do you have another monitor you could try?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭PCSharkey

Thanks I'll give it a try would a dvi to hdmi cable do the job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Are you connecting the monitor to the graphics card? If the board has onboard graphics via a vga socket try connecting the monitor to this via a vga cable.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

PCSharkey wrote: »
    Thanks I'll give it a try would a dvi to hdmi cable do the job
    I'd try VGA, although if you have one at hand go for it! :)
    jca wrote: »
    Are you connecting the monitor to the graphics card? If the board has onboard graphics via a vga socket try connecting the monitor to this via a vga cable.
    This likely won't work unless OP removes the graphics card. Worth trying all the same. Just remember not all CPUs support integrated graphics, so check the CPU model online before hand

Nick

Advertisement