Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

back to eduaction allowance :)

Options
  • 16-11-2014 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Just wondering can any body help me !!i was on job seekers allowance and was due a review during the summer but in the mean time i started college but was accepted on the back to education scheme so having being getting last two month's then gets a letter on friday last saying my job seekers allowance isn't being granted so,wondering will this stop my back to education allowance ? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Your btea is based on having been on a "qualifying payment" for a certain amount of time so yeah it might affect your claim.

Why was the jobseekers being reviewed? And what was the reason given for it being stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gemma 28

Thanks for your reply ...ive being on it two years before the reveiw.and got a letter in august saying im being qualified and then letter in the door Friday ao my job seekers payment wont be qualified even tho ive being on the back to education allowance since sept.. why did they say to me that I've qualified for back to education allowance it was being reviewed as id say some one reported me when im doing no wrong going back to college to better myself .this country is wrecked makes my blood boil .with Xmas around the corner and I've a ten month ole baby ...

gemma 28 wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply ...ive being on it two years before the reveiw.and got a letter in august saying im being qualified and then letter in the door Friday ao my job seekers payment wont be qualified even tho ive being on the back to education allowance since sept.. why did they say to me that I've qualified for back to education allowance it was being reviewed as id say some one reported me when im doing no wrong going back to college to better myself .this country is wrecked makes my blood boil .with Xmas around the corner and I've a ten month ole baby ...

You sure there was a review?
    They would have given you a letter explaining why your jobseekers is no longer being paid.
    You were obviously, as far as they were concerned, entitled to jsa when they awarded btea. Since then something has changed (will say on the letter) and that's why you're no longer entitled to jsa, and in turn, btea.

But they say my income limit is above 320 euro dont know where
    They get it from as i don't have any other income .it doesn't say anything else about my back to education allowance being cut .you cant tell a person when they have paid for fees books everything child settled in creche .its not acceptable ..

But they say my income limit is above 320 euro dont know where
    They get it from as i don't have any other income .it doesn't say anything else about my back to education allowance being cut .you cant tell a person when they have paid for fees books everything child settled in creche .its not acceptable ..

Did they give you a means assessment calculation sheet outlining all the figures? They've got that figure from somewhere. Go in and ask them.

Like you say they haven't said anything about your btea yet so you need to clarify. We can't tell you whether its affected or not, only that your entitlement to it depends on your entitlement to a qualifying payment beforehand.

But unfortunately they can do that, you only get a payment if you fulfill the criteria. If you can prove you have no other income then ask them to review the decision and show them the proof.

• Advertisement

Nope haven't showed me a calculation sheet its very wrong this country they always cut the genuine people ,makes me mad and has made me. Anervous wreck .thanks for,your. Help

Nope haven't showed me a calculation sheet its very wrong this country they always cut the genuine people ,makes me mad and has made me. Anervous wreck .thanks for,your. Help

So go on in and ask them for a calculation of how they got that figure and take it from there. No worries.

Advertisement