Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Another do you know this dealer? thread

Options
  • 14-07-2014 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

just wondering if anybody has any feedback on walkinstown motor company? want to check out a car, but some feedback would be appreciated.

dont have a mechanic to come see the car (unless i get an online one like mobilemechanics) but have a mechanic i can take the car to, depends on the seller allowing me to do that.

in any case, general thoughts on the company appreciated. can't find it on solocheck though, which is mildly off-putting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

• newly set-up used car dealer - check
    • located in Ballymount - check
    • generic website - check
    • generic company name and font - check
    • not on solocheck or cro.ie - check
    • no landline number - check

I personally wouldn't.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭Spipov

BMJD wrote: »
    • newly set-up used car dealer - check
    • located in Ballymount - check
    • generic website - check
    • generic company name and font - check
    • not on solocheck or cro.ie - check
    • no landline number - check

I personally wouldn't.........

I know... Ill have a chat with him and let me see if he'll let me take the car to the mechanic. Im not buying just because of the 3 months warranty, im looking for the car and wont rely on aftersales.

I know i sound like im making up my mind but was wondering about anybody having had personal dealings with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,200 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Spipov wrote: »
    I know... Ill have a chat with him and let me see if he'll let me take the car to the mechanic. Im not buying just because of the 3 months warranty, im looking for the car and wont rely on aftersales.

I know i sound like im making up my mind but was wondering about anybody having had personal dealings with him.

Those 3 month warranties might give you peace of mind...but probably aren't great either. Turbo went on my car just after I bought it and it wasn't covered by the 3 month warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Spipov wrote: »

It's all well and good to treat it as a private sale, but just bear in mind that with that approach you are paying dealer prices for a private sale car, ie you are paying over the odds.

I dont know this dealer so won't comment on whether they are good or not, but if you're going to treat it like a private sale then buy privately and save yourself a few quid.

Advertisement