Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citrix jobs - Shift / On-call requirement?

Options
  • 11-03-2015 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hello

I am considering going down a Citrix career path.
    I have a CCNA , and a few years networking and general IT Support under my belt.

I would like to know if shift or on-call is a common requirement for a Citirix role ???, as it seems to be for around 80% of the Networking jobs I have viewed.

If anyone works for Citrix directly or works in a Citrix related role , can you tell me from your experience if it is a requirement?

This information will be very helpful in my decision making

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vico1612

If the Citrix infrastructure is a strategic piece of a company's IT offering, then I'd expect them to have a 24x7 team monitoring and maintaining the systems , so on call would be likely.

As for Citrix itself [ Citrix - the company ] , working for them involves some week end on call duties if you work in Technical Support or the Operations Team.

Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss further .

• Registered Users Posts: 43 CabbageThing

Thanks for the info , that is very helpful.

Advertisement