Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Changing the oil in a yaris, how much needed?

Options
  • 16-01-2008 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering as I haven't the manual and can't find it on the net but what quantity of oil should you put in a 1 litre toyota yaris when changing it? Any input would be good

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Castrol have a handy tool on their site that tells you the capacity for most cars..

3.2 litres for the 1 litre Yaris...

http://www.castrol.com/castrol/sectiongenericarticle.do?categoryId=9016862&contentId=7030166

Click on the which oil should I use link on the bottom left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭offalyman

Thank you it a very good link have ben looking for something like this for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

check the oil while filling it, as the engine won't drain completely. Don't just lash 3.2 litres in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

And when you do fill it, start the engine and let it run for a minute or so to allow the oil filter to fill with oil (assuming you changed it). Then dip the oil again and top up as necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

Man My car takes 8 litres and it really has to be castrol magnetec. which as as I love her I get. She rewards me. she's old she's losing her looks, but step on her its all worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭offalyman

Cheers all and thanks for the advice. I've changed the oil in cars many times but its always good to know what the manufacturers specs are

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

crosstownk wrote: »
    And when you do fill it, start the engine and let it run for a minute or so to allow the oil filter to fill with oil (assuming you changed it). Then dip the oil again and top up as necessary.
    And make sure you don't walk away from the car while the engine is ticking over. One chap I heard about forgot to put the sump bung back in and he walked away to do something while he was letting it tick over. Engine seized up:rolleyes:

Advertisement