Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Play your MP3 player through car speakers

Options
  • 07-03-2015 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

How would you go about doing this when your radio is like the one pictured?

I'm thinking connect an Auxiliary Jack but wouldnt know where to start.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,088 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

What car is that? Make and model?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭0O0

CiniO wrote: »
    What car is that? Make and model?

VW Polo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 meduza

You could also get a bluetooth receiver on Ebay for about 6 Euro. It is quite small, similar to the ordinary USB flash drive. It's got a line out so it can be plugged in AUX input of your headunit. You'll be able to play from your phone or mp3 player over the bluetooth. There are plenty of videos on youtube showing similar set ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 rob 5150

Do not get a fm transmitter have tried several cheap ones and the dearest one at €35 all of them were s***e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Afterlight

OP did you manage to sort this out? I have the same radio in my polo and installed an aux chord myself after months of dead end searching online. PM and I'll gladly help you!

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

Afterlight wrote: »
    OP did you manage to sort this out? I have the same radio in my polo and installed an aux chord myself after months of dead end searching online. PM and I'll gladly help you!

I'm not the op, but looking to do similar here for a RCD200 unit in a VW.

Did you go with one of those kits that plug into the cd changer port on the back of the unit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Afterlight

I'm not the op, but looking to do similar here for a RCD200 unit in a VW.

Did you go with one of those kits that plug into the cd changer port on the back of the unit ?

I bought off of abelektronik on eBay the ' Set Adapter Aux ( Quadlock ) (12 Pin) + Resetting Sbügel VW Delta 6 VW Rcd 200 ' but the keys DO NOT come with it so you've to buy them separately. I followed a video tutorial on youtube and got the whole thing done in about 20 mins before heading into a lecture, it's fairly easy! I have had it for nine months now and no issues so far, sometimes it doesn't play but you just have to turn your radio on and off again.

Be careful when dealing with the keys, they are very weak metal and will bend, I was worried about snapping some of them off and still have 2 stuck in my radio. If you can't find the seller on eBay give me a PM and i'll link you directly, it won't let me post a link.

Advertisement