Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying cheaper online ticket from Heuston

Options
  • 29-07-2014 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

Hi all

I hope someone here can answer this for me. I need to travel from Sallins to Ennis by train on Wed 27th August. Trouble is, the online fare is twice the price compared to if I was travelling to Heuston. For example:

Sallins to Ennis
    Train 1: 09:49 Sallins - Portlaoise
    Train 2: 10:42 Portlaoise - Limerick Junc.
    Train 3: 11:40 Limerick Junc. - Ennis (Arr. 13.09)

Fare: €52.20

Heuston to Ennis
    Train 1: 10:00 Heuston - Limerick Junc.
    Train 2: 11:40 Limerick Junc. - Ennis (Arr. 13.09)

Fare €24.99

Given that I would be travelling a longer distance, on exactly the same track from Heuston, is it not a bit strange that travelling from Sallins is much more expensive?

If I bought the Heuston ticket online and then travelled from Sallins anyway would I be liable for a fine or would the ticket cover me for my partial journey on the route - albeit on different trains for the first part of the journey?

Advertisement