Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abuse from a Garda member

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

No Pants wrote: »
    Probably a diesel to boot.
    My next car will be an M6 diesel coz' I wrote to Herr Santa at BMW HQ. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭crossy

whatever yee say lads.
    Started off just asking a totally different question and you started on about cars which you have no clue about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

crossy wrote: »
    you started on about cars which you have no clue about
    There are a few people here from the motors forum who might have a idea or two.

There are a few people here from the motors forum who might have a idea or two.

This post wasnt about cars. If I wanted to have a discussion about cars I would do it in the motors section not in a post about something else

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

A 3 litre m spec bmw.

An msport BMW is not high performance my friend. So it's a 330 is it certainly not high performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 red john

I think both you and the guard should be horse whipped

• Registered Users Posts: 5 red john

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

red john wrote: »

Twice apparently. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

OP, his use of the word 'spa', most likely places him in the 35-45 age bracket, as this word would have peaked in popularity in playgrounds of the early to mid '80's.
    I hope this helps in the search for him.

TCP/IP wrote: »
    An msport BMW is not high performance my friend. So it's a 330 is it certainly not high performance.

More high performance than a 90% of the cars that were around me. Its a 530.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭usernamegoes

Regardless of the rights and wrongs of what the OP did, the police should conduct themselves professionally. If a police officer made a minor mistake and I told him to stop being a ****ing spa, would he let that pass as easy and would people support me on these forums?

While being called a ****ing spa isn't the end of the world and I certainly would have brushed it off, by allowing it we engender a culture that they are above us and we should just take it. Much like the Commissioner's attitude in the PAC the other day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Its a 530.
    I think I just might have to sit down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Honestly there's nothing that will or even should come out of it but the guard shouldn't have done that. Its unprofessional and uncalled for.
    Case closed move on (you spa ;) )

I think I just might have to sit down.

Lucky I wasnt driving my other cars so haha

Boskowski wrote: »
    Honestly there's nothing that will or even should come out of it but the guard shouldn't have done that. Its unprofessional and uncalled for.
    Case closed move on (you spa ;) )

Im willing to move on :) was just a topic of discussion for boards haha:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

More high performance than a 90% of the cars that were around me. Its a 530.

530D or i ?

Ive a 530i and i put alloys on it so maybe you could class it as modified,but one thing for sure is id never call it a high performance car,quick yes,but come on its only a 3ltr.

530D or i ?

Ive a 530i and i put alloys on it so maybe you could class it as modified,but one thing for sure is id never call it a high performance car,quick yes,but come on its only a 3ltr.

Remapped 530d

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Beelzeboss

You don't know who the guard is and you have no Garda number, but you should make a complaint anyway. In cases like this, you write a letter of complaint to the Garda Commissioner to express your outrage and explain how offended you were by the guard's behaviour. He'll then arrange for every guard in the country to stop what they're doing and line up. You can then walk down the line, inspecting each guard until you find the one responsible. Here's an example from 1961 after a member of the public complaining about being called "an ignorant, four-eyed bollix":

1961-14-04-Garda-Passing-Out-Parade-B805-9775.jpg

More recent examples can also be found. This one ended amicably when the offended party accepted that the phrase "Dundalk prick", although inappropriate, was more fact than insult. They agreed to shake hands and leave it at that.

Cropped-photograph.jpg

I concur: this is the funniest ever. An award is in order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Remapped 530d

So its not a high performance car then.

But back on topic,i do agree that the guard should not of spoke to you like that but i doubt it was because of the car you were driving

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Remapped 530d

Oh please stop this is getting embarrassing the words 530 diesel tractor should never be mentioned in the high performance. Please stop your killing you own credibility.

• Advertisement

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Oh please stop this is getting embarrassing the words 530 diesel tractor should never be mentioned in the high performance. Please stop your killing you own credibility.

Ok maybe not very hi-performance but it is modified like this one http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8489/8197000674_19872eb9d3_c.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Ooooh. ultra chav-tastic innit, eh, innit? White base-ball cap with intact price-tag and white stripey runners to match, eh, know-wot-i-mean bruv, innit, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭shleedance

Regardless if he is in the wrong or not, the guard acted unprofessionally. I would complain if it happened - not because it offended me, but because their job is to uphold the law and to protect the peace.

The cynicism of people is astounding. Hate to appear hyperbolic, but the same attitude is why everyone's being screwed in the first place.:rolleyes:

mathepac wrote: »
    Ooooh. ultra chav-tastic innit, eh, innit? White base-ball cap with intact price-tag and white stripey runners to match, eh, know-wot-i-mean bruv, innit, eh?

Ye thats it good man. Im into my cars and I collect them so everyones taste to their own

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Ok maybe not very hi-performance but it is modified like this one http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8489/8197000674_19872eb9d3_c.jpg

I'm beginning to like this Guard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

Bloody rubberneckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

sorry, but that photo really does not help your position....it's enough to make a car designer cry :-)
    back on topic, regardless of what you were or were not doing. The Garda has not right whatsoever to speak to a member of the public like that in such circumstances. It's idiots like him that make life much harder to the better majority of his colleagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

dpofloinn wrote: »
    Would you get over yourself.Gardai at the scene of an accident have enough to be dealing with, least of all being pleasent to rubberneckers.If you had got his number what would your complaint have been? He gave you a legal order to keep your eyes on the road ,fair enough he shouldnt have added the 'you spa' at the end but do you know what its like to have to attend the scene of an accident and the stress that comes with that

r u for real,the garda was a prick,they want respect but on the whole don't give it

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I have a complaint to make against some sp*s which I have come across on different occasions where they have called me names or shouted at me who do I complain to?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

I have a complaint to make against some sp*s which I have come across on different occasions where they have called me names or shouted at me who do I complain to?:rolleyes:

You're the Punisher man, you deal with that sh1t yourself! :cool:

Advertisement