Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Farmers furious at EU's RFID microchip implant sheep scheme.

Options
  • 20-04-2009 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

UK farmers have pledged to fight tooth & nail over EU plans for all sheep to be fitted with electronic implants as the government ruminates on how to implement the scheme.

Electronic tagging of sheep will be mandatory for UK farmers from 31 December 2009 as part of a European Union ruling to help combat disease outbreaks such as foot and mouth.

The EU regulations require sheep in the UK to have electronic tags by the end of 2009, except those intended for slaughter before they reach 12 months of age though this is a two-year extension on the previous deadline of 1 January 2008

The EU has long recognised that all sheep tend to look alike to humans, and is looking to RFID technology to ensure animals can be tracked throughout their lives, and beyond up to a point.

The EU insist that while farmers will have to shell out for the chips not to mention readers - it will bring savings in identification and data handling costs, and will enable better disease tracking, monitoring of troublesome and elderly sheep that have strayed away from the herd.

The EU this month considered a report on a pilot of the scheme in France, which seemed to suggest acceptance of the idea, and envisioned compulsory EIDs next year. The average cost is expected to be around €0.80 per animal.

Farmers will, of course have to shell out for readers, and presumably kit to "administer" the tags, including the frankly rather scary "boluses". The total cost to UK farmers the biggest bloc of sheep keepers in the Union- is expected to be in the region of £65m.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/04/15/sheep_chip/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

UK farmers have pledged to fight tooth & nail over EU plans for all sheep to be fitted with electronic implants as the government ruminates on how to implement the scheme.

Electronic tagging of sheep will be mandatory for UK farmers from 31 December 2009 as part of a European Union ruling to help combat disease outbreaks such as foot and mouth.

The EU regulations require sheep in the UK to have electronic tags by the end of 2009, except those intended for slaughter before they reach 12 months of age though this is a two-year extension on the previous deadline of 1 January 2008

The EU has long recognised that all sheep tend to look alike to humans, and is looking to RFID technology to ensure animals can be tracked throughout their lives, and beyond up to a point.

The EU insist that while farmers will have to shell out for the chips not to mention readers - it will bring savings in identification and data handling costs, and will enable better disease tracking, monitoring of troublesome and elderly sheep that have strayed away from the herd.

The EU this month considered a report on a pilot of the scheme in France, which seemed to suggest acceptance of the idea, and envisioned compulsory EIDs next year. The average cost is expected to be around €0.80 per animal.

Farmers will, of course have to shell out for readers, and presumably kit to "administer" the tags, including the frankly rather scary "boluses". The total cost to UK farmers the biggest bloc of sheep keepers in the Union- is expected to be in the region of £65m.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/04/15/sheep_chip/

I don't see the conspiracy, but considering the hundreds of millions that farmers get in subsidies, they have some neck to be whinging now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

I don't see the conspiracy, but considering the hundreds of millions that farmers get in subsidies, they have some neck to be whinging now.

Of course it's a conspiracy it's got RFID in it. Duh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Woger

It's bleating obvious it's a conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

The UK are clearly in the control of the NWO- openly talking about tagging in their sheeple farms!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Undergod wrote: »
    The UK are clearly in the control of the NWO- openly talking about tagging in their sheeple farms!
    True, you have it depicted right here :D

sheeple1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Woger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

You don't see the conspiracy ! First they will implant the sheep and then they will implant the sheeple !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

very over the top even for RTDH.....
    so just to check this story, I rang around 20 farmers in the UK this morning....

may I say not one was furious at this... or did they think it was a conspiracy...
    they also said they didn't plan to fight tooth or nail against this....

So I can only assume from these comments from farmers that this story is BS and a very big BS in regards to the farmers........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Yep thats right Hundreds of Millions of Euro get GIVEN to Farmers, nothing to do with the continual erosion of their way of life and sucessive European governments trying to marginlise them and drive their industry under so that a small amount of extremley wealthy landowners can have everything.

thse sheep tags have no precedent, at least with cattle ther was a historic reasoning behind Branding then tagging and now RFID tagging, the closest we havve with that is sheep with different coloured spraypaint on their backs.

thgs make sense with cattle as the average markety price for a decent sized yearling might be 400 - 500 Euro

a Sheep of the same age will get 20 -30 euro, if the tags cost anymore than 15 euro to impilment then there is a net loss on every sheep.

perfect if you wanted to destroy an industry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Yep thats right Hundreds of Millions of Euro get GIVEN to Farmers, nothing to do with the continual erosion of their way of life and sucessive European governments trying to marginlise them and drive their industry under so that a small amount of extremley wealthy landowners can have everything.

Right, but if such subsidies were removed then they would have to compete with 3rd world food exports, which would drive them out of business. So your precious agrarian way of life would be marginalised anyway. This is why the EU is investing money in agriculture, in a seemingly wasteful fashion. It is to keep our farmers in business, and to ensure that our region does not become dependant on the ROW for food.

See what happens when you don't view the whole world through NWO-goggles?
    perfect if you wanted to destroy an industry

What complete nonsense. If they wanted to destroy the industry, they could simply remove the CAP. Get a grip.

• Advertisement

...perfect if you wanted to destroy an industry

Why would they want to do that?

Why would they want to do that?
    It might be because they want most people to be vegetarians , you see vegetarians are passive , very easy to control and i think a bit stupid , see they want to dumb us down even more !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

espinolman wrote: »
    It might be because they want most people to be vegetarians , you see vegetarians are passive , very easy to control and i think a bit stupid , see they want to dumb us down even more !

Where do you get this from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

6th wrote: »

Makeyupyland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

You're right I can't think of a smart vegetarian. Oh no wait Albert Einstein. So theres one. Actually Thomas Edison was a vegetarian now that I think of it. Hang on Henry Ford was one too. And Benjamin Franklin. Sylvester Graham too, and Albert Schweitzer, Lao Tzu and Confucious and most of the famous Anicent Greecian philosophers like Plato and Aristole, oh and George Benard Shaw. And that famous passive idiot Ghandi. Oh and that infamous thicko Leonardo Di Vinci. Darwin, Milton and Sir Isaac Newton too. Cesar Chavez...

Have I made the point yet?

As to the point of the OP, do you think the farmers are objecting to the chip implanting in itself or the fact that they have to pay for it?

The propositions:
    A) RFID tagging of sheep is there to destroy the sheep farming industry.
    B) This will encourage the population to be vegetarians.
    C) Vegetarians are easier for the NWO to control.

Have I got this straight?

The propositions:
    A) RFID tagging of sheep is there to destroy the sheep farming industry.
    B) This will encourage the population to be vegetarians.
    C) Vegetarians are easier for the NWO to control.

Have I got this straight?

Oh yea , it is obvious that feudalism is coming back , things will go back to the way they were centuries ago , the slave-masters will eat meat and good food and the genetically altered vegetable crap will be for the everyone else , except this time round the food is forced to grow with chemicals so they don't get a chance to absorb nutrients from the soil , so the vegetables are not as nutricious as they used to be , all this is planned you know , the meat and organic food will be for the slave-master race .

6th wrote: »
    Alan Watt :
    http://www.cuttingthroughthematrix.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

the man that sold you a DVD told you, so it has to be true.

the man that sold you a DVD told you, so it has to be true.

I did not say it was true , i am discussing conspiracy theories' and this is the conspiracy theories' forum , do you understand .
    I think RTDHs thinks that this is a notice board , everytime he finds something out he posts it here wheather it is a CT or not and then does not even discuss it .
    Is this a newspaper or a discussion forum !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

Posted it before, but I'll post it again.

The EU, the ones who you say are bringing about the NWO with the RFID chips, are the ones who are saying that RFID will only work if it is accepted by people and that people have full control over the chips.

"They (RFID chips) will only be welcomed in Europe, if they are used by the consumers, not on the consumers. No European should carry a chip in their possession without being informed precisely what they are used for, with a choice to remove, to switch it off at any time"
    http://ec.europa.eu/commission_barroso/reding/video/index_en.htm

We've discussed Alan Watt here before. If you're worried about having your food processed with chemicals I'd suggest you use Alan Watts as an alternative to fertiliser. He spouts a steady stream of high grade bull****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Sofa_King Good

Posted it before, but I'll post it again.

The EU, the ones who you say are bringing about the NWO with the RFID chips, are the ones who are saying that RFID will only work if it is accepted by people and that people have full control over the chips.

"They (RFID chips) will only be welcomed in Europe, if they are used by the consumers, not on the consumers. No European should carry a chip in their possession without being informed precisely what they are used for, with a choice to remove, to switch it off at any time"
    http://ec.europa.eu/commission_barroso/reding/video/index_en.htm

"Welcomed" By whom? The limp member states under the new constitution who's hands are tied by this newly empowered single legal entity. "Welcomed" is strange choice of word, leaves room for maneauver(?).
    wel·comed, wel·com·ing, wel·comes 1. To greet, receive, or entertain (another or others) cordially or hospitably.
    2. To receive or accept gladly:
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/welcome

i.e. Not ruled out!.

You do know that "possesion" means ownership.

So what that reads is:

RFID may come reluctantly come about, (perhaps for our own good?).

Don't worry though. It will be used in commercial goods.

Who knows maybe to reassure the masses, or maybe...
    As a commission official noted recently (in 2004), "The ring-fences are designed to be eroded over time".
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2004/may/14/elections2004.uk

Meanwhile, if you do voluntarily decide to use this technology you will know about it and can easily discontinue.

I'll just put the together.

=
    RFID may come reluctantly come about. Meanwhile, if you do voluntarily decide to use this technology you will know about it and can easily discontinue.

IMO

Diogenes wrote: »
    We've discussed Alan Watt here before. If you're worried about having your food processed with chemicals I'd suggest you use Alan Watts as an alternative to fertiliser. He spouts a steady stream of high grade bull****.

He talks about chemtrails , so therefore he is not told what he can or cannot talk about ,he is not controlled , and that is good , that is the way the mainstream media should be , it should be free , don't you agree.

He talks about chemtrails , so therefore he is not told what he can or cannot talk about ,he is not controlled , and that is good , that is the way the mainstream media should be , it should be free , don't you agree.

Yes, I also think main stream media should be accurate, be able to stand up to scrutiny, verifiable, accountable, oh and sane.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony

whoa, whoa, whoa. Hang on there a second. Back up the car a bit.
    Did everybody miss this?
    robtri wrote: »
    very over the top even for RTDH.....
    so just to check this story, I rang around 20 farmers in the UK this morning....

may I say not one was furious at this... or did they think it was a conspiracy...
    they also said they didn't plan to fight tooth or nail against this....

So I can only assume from these comments from farmers that this story is BS and a very big BS in regards to the farmers........

Is this "anecdotal evidence" I see here?
    On this forum?
    With nobody challenging it?

Or maybe you all came to the same conclusion that I did.
    sniff, sniff, sniff .

Whats that smell?

:D:D:D

How about you challenge it yourself? Or you could just post sarcastically?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I had a look at the 'discussion' on Alan Watts

its a discussion about Opt in/out for organ doners in the UK

not much of a discussion about Watts really is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

DubTony wrote: »
    whoa, whoa, whoa. Hang on there a second. Back up the car a bit.
    Did everybody miss this?

Is this "anecdotal evidence" I see here?
    On this forum?
    With nobody challenging it?

Or maybe you all came to the same conclusion that I did.
    sniff, sniff, sniff .

Whats that smell?

:D:D:D

God about time....
    I do resent the indication that this is BS.....
    you might be in the habit of writing that stuff But I am not....
    prove me wrong??

• Advertisement

robtri wrote: »
    God about time....
    I do resent the indication that this is BS.....
    you might be in the habit of writing that stuff But I am not....
    prove me wrong??

Ok you resent it but you do see how you saying you rang these people is fine for you but doesnt hold water for other people. Thats not a dig at you at all though as I'm sure you understand.

As for prove you wrong, you made the claim about ringing these people and what they said, maybe you can give proof of this? Devils advocate btw.

Advertisement